View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 03:17 AM   #86
Izulde
Head Coach

Alex Worsfold continues impressing the hell out of everybody in training.

@Grimsby (17th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Antonie Boland
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Tom Knott
ST Zach Little
ST Kane Richards

37 - Great pass to Richards from Da Costa and rather than take the shot himself, he slides it to Little, who shanks it.

50 - Ugh. 0-1

52 - Immediate answer as Boland hits Little for the run, shoot, and score! 1-1 Subs in as Knott to ML, Richefond in at MR, and Lippai replacing Richards at striker.

We were heavy underdogs in this one, so to walk out with a point is okay, though I feel like we should have taken 3.

Bad Trains
Eddy Gnahore
Simon Walton

Good Train
Will Wilkins

Loss of $20.3k and board is satisfied.

vs Corby (20th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Jimmy Tickle
DC Simon Walton
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Antonie Boland
MC Will Wilkins
MR Tom Knott
ST Zach Little
ST Kane Richards

33 - I thought Richards tried to shoot it, but upon further review it's a pass forward where Little literally steamrolls the opposing defender and goalie for the score. 1-0

47 - Now it's Boland's turn for a wide open miss. I'm wondering if perhaps I should be finding a new ML. He isn't that great out there and is maddeningly inconsistent.

55 - Fell in for Boland, Lippai on for Richards

Not a great win, but one we'll take. I keep thinking about Boland, who I've actually been training as a box-to-box center midfielder because I thought that's where he'd be playing this year before I re-signed Gnahore and developed a strong liking for Wilkins.

vs Kettering (8th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Jimmy Tickle
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Antonie Boland
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Tom Knott
ST Zach Little
ST Kane Richards

Their goalie does a beautiful job stopping a surefire Gnahore goal in the first half, but otherwise it's defend, defend, defend for us.

As an experiment, I move Gnahore to DM, Boland to MC, Knott to ML, and put Richefond in at MR. Let's see how this goes.

70 - They score. Lippai on for Little, Walton in for Tickle. 0-1

82 - Gnahore is forced off but it doesn't matter. Tickle's fuckup cost us the game already anyway. Or maybe not. Weldon hits a crazy shot that was supposed to be a pass I think, but it bounces off the woodwork, confusing the goalie, and Richards nabs the equalizer! 1-1

They get their own woodwork bounce but no one's there to stick it in (That's what she said), so we escape with a draw.

Transfer In - ST Curtis Beasley (18)
Two year, $4.6k/year deal. Raw right now, but has BSP potential. Then again we've all heard *that* one before. But if he works at it, I think he can definitely be something.

vs Leamington (19th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Antonie Boland
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Tom Knott
ST Zach Little
ST Kane Richards

3 - Gnahore to Boland to Worsfold as a 3 man triangle of passes culminating in the last's thundering kick for a score. 1-0

24 - Boland on a free kick and a walk-in Walton goal. 2-0

Could be leading by even more. Wilkins in for Gnahore and Fell on for Weldon at halftime.

66 - We suck at corner defense 2-1

7.9 for Walton, 7.5 for Worsfold, and we're in 1st place, but we should have destroyed this team, not played down to its level.

vs Blyth (FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Jimmy Tickle
DR Danny Parslow
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Liam Hubbard
MC Will Wilkins
MR Tom Knott
ST Gergo Lippai
ST Curtis Beasley

I would've put more second unit guys in, but most of them were still tired from the Reserves match three days prior, so we'll run with a mix of first teamers and reserves.

18 - Dafuq? 0-1

27 - Beasley takes the pass from Lippai, runs through a horde of Blyth defenders, and hook shots it in the goal!! 1-1

30 - Not a combo I expect, but Wilkins' free kick hits Tickle for a long header goal. 2-1

38 - Knock for Lippai. He'll shake it off though.

[b]63[b/] - Fell on for Hubbard, Argent in for Wilkins

We win this one because PotM Turner has the game of his life, racking up an 8.4. 7.6 from Tickle didn't hurt either. Lippai is out 9-12 days and we get $9.75k for the win.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote