Expiring Contracts
ST Kane Richards - Current: $36.5k
DR/DM/MC/ST Danny Parslow - Current: $33k
DL/DC Paul Weldon - Current: $38.5k
ST Gergo Lippai - Current: $19.5k
GK Dereck Turner - Current: $2.4k
ML Ray Atkinson - Current: $9.75k
A bunch of reserve guys

Richards is too injury-prone and Parslow is too old. Weldon makes and wants far too much money. Lippai and Turner have no interest in signing with us again right now. Atkinson is filler.

So in other words, we're saying goodbye to everyone on this list for next season.

vs Tamworth (16th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Sam Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Antonie Boland
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Stevie Dowie

25 - A whole lot of tackling outside the six-yard box turns into Gnahore kicking it out to Lloyd for the supreme feed inside the box to Dowie and the score! 1-0

27 - Terrible clearance by Tickle equals immediate answer. 1-1

43 - Dowie receives the throw-in on the right side, dribbles inside the six-yard box, and boots a ball to Little's head, and we're back in the lead. 2-1

54 - Lloyd steals the ball and proceeds to run all the way down the left side of the pitch. Just before he gets to the touchline, he centers it to Little, who kicks it in with ease! 3-1

56 - Boland tackle-passes it into space, and there's Little for the hat-trick!!!!!!! ]b]4-1[/b] It's Wilkins on at DM.

61 - Wilkins shifts to MC, Walton moved to DM, Fell in at DC.

84 - Lloyd pops the ball forward to Little, who runs with it into the box, and slams in his fourth goal of the game! 5-1

86 - Consolation goal for them 5-2

What an exceptional game! 9.8 for PotM Little obviously, but also give credit to Dowie with an 8.6, Lloyd having exactly the kind of game I envisioned when I loaned him in to finally solve our ML problems at 8.3, and even a 7.6 for Sedgemore.

More importantly, we're back in 1st

Oh, and Little's 4 goals is a Gainsborough record

Good Trains
Danny Parslow
Will Wilkins
Ray Atkinson

Bad Trains
Simon Walton
Joseph Lumley

The board's very pleased, and we only lost $165 last month.

@Histon (15th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Matt Fell
DC Danny Parslow
DC Sam Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Antonie Boland
MC Will Wilkins
MR Tom Knott
ST Zach Little
ST Stevie Dowie

9 - Our old friends Eddie Nisevic and Angus Hopkins are playing for Histon. In this sequence, though, it's Fell who clears out a corner to Wilkins, and the race is on with our youngster charging down the length of the field until he picks out Gnahore, and the MC to DM is a GOAL. 1-0

34 - Well crap. Boland has to go off, so I'll move Knott to the left and put in Richefond on the right.

36 - Own goal by Parslow of all people. 1-1

Walton moves to DM at the half, and Weldon comes in at DC.

77 - Goal for us is called off due to foul, which was a little ticky-tack, but whatevs.

92 - Wilkins picks up the Histon clearance and shows steely nerves in pushing it up to Little... who SCORES WITH SECONDS TO SPARE!!!! 2-1

This was all about Wilkins putting on arguably his best performance yet for us, an 8.6 that sees him net Player of the Match honors, and no one else in the 7.5 or better range.

Ryan Richefond picked up a knock that will have him out a week and a half. Not a big deal, as he's just depth at this point anyway.

Transfer In - ST Richie Madine (22)
A two year, $31k per season contract. My scouts consider him the team's #3 striker right now, but with League 2 potential, so we're thrilled to get him. That means we're over budget and we'll have to send out a player. I already have in mind who I want to dump.

@ Corby (17th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Sam Walton
DR Danny Parslow
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Will Wilkins
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Gergo Lippai

2 - Lippai shifts it out to Sedgemore for the blooper volley ahead, and Little mows down everyone to thunder the ball in. Wow, he's just been freaking AMAZING the last few games. 1-0

25 - I've counted three different times Little was close to bagging his second goal, and then Lippai gets this thing started by passing it to Sedgemore, who locates Wilkins, and then it's to Little, and this time he won't be denied! Cool to see Wilkins and Little brohug after that one! 2-0

40 - It's starting to rain now. Sedgemore passes it to Lippai, who runs through the falling rain and the defense to just inside the six yard box, where he powers it in. 3-0

44 - Lloyd takes the free kick and plants it perfectly for Walton to ninja-style sneak ahead and kick it in for the ongoing deluge. 4-0

57 - Madine and Argent go in for Lippai and Wilkins respectively, since we have no chance of getting caught.

85 - Uh oh. Da Costa, our defensive rock, has to go off. Fell goes in.

8.4 for Walton, 7.8 for Da Costa, 8.1 for Weldon, 8.2 for Sedgemore, 7.5 for Lloyd, 8.0 for Lippai and 8.9 for Little, who again is PotM. Talk about total and complete domination!

Curtis Da Costa is out 2 months.

The papers are continuing to sing the praises of Zach Little and Lewis Taaffe comments on the amazing progression of our young striker. I see him capping out at the BS Premier level, though, rather than someone who hangs around long-term.

Transfer Out - DC/DR/DM/ST Danny Parslow (35) - Colwyn Bay - Free
Sad day for the fans and the squad, as our team captain packs his bags. He's been with the squad for 5 and a half seasons, but we needed to free up the money, and though he made 24 appearances for us this year, he was really a second string option rather than a true starter.

In his stead, Simon Walton is promoted to captain, and Curtis Da Costa is named vice-captain.

For the most part, people are happy with the appointment, though Dereck Turner and, ironically, Curtis Da Costa are upset about Parslow's leaving.

I don't list all the players in Team of the Week because that gets repetitive, but Zach Little, Trevor Sedgemore, Ryan Lloyd, and Simon Walton all making the squad deserves a mention.

vs Buxton (22nd)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Matt Fell
DC Paul Weldon
DC Sam Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Antonie Boland
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

Before we begin, I'd just like to note that the top 5 teams in the Blue Square North have clearly separated themselves from the rest of the pack. Team #5 - 50 points. Team #6 - 38 points, through 26 or 27 games.

Also, our efforts to add to our defensive line strength have fallen through. We lost one guy on loan to Dover, who's in the BS Premier. Another guy wanted more money than we were willing to offer him in spite of what my scout said, and a third didn't want to join us on loan at all.

19 - Their finishing is awful, but their defense is stout. Then Weldon kicks it back to Fell, who deep crosses it... their defender misses the header, and a hard-charging Sedgemore sends it in for the lead. 1-0

25 - Lloyd finds Little's head on the free kick, and we double our lead, finally starting to show we're working the kinks out after an 11 day layoff. 2-0

43 - Madine's had trouble blending in so far, but here, he takes the moonshot from Sedgemore, dribbles down the right flank, and makes a beaut of a center to Little, who blasts it in. 3-0

I see Gnahore's all whatever at the half, so I replace him at DM with Wilkins.

58 - Wow, wow, wow! Little pounces on a tackled ball and just boots the hell out of the ball into the upper right hand corner of the goal for his hat trick and 20th goal of the year! 4-0 Dowie comes on for Madine, who still needs to be gradually worked into the lineup, it appears.

7.6 for Weldon, 9.0 for Fell, 8.7 for Sedgemore, 7.6 for Lloyd, and of course, 9.6 for the guy who has become perhaps the greatest striker I've had at this level, Little of the Hat Trick.

vs Grimby (8th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Matt Fell
DC Paul Weldon
DC Sam Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Antonie Boland
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

Remember Callum McNish? Well, after six seasons with Brackley, he moved on to League 1 Chesterfield where he played for a year as a reserve, then transferred to Grimsby this season on a whopping $60k contract.

Both teams are playing stiff, and our strikers in particular are doing terribly, so I actually sit Little for Dowie at the break.

58 - Tickle goes off with injury, and I'm thankful we have Richefond to cover for him. We really need more help on the wingback positions.

Nevermind Weldon's 8.1 PotM performance. We played like shit and were lucky to scrape out a point.

Still, it's enough to increase our lead to 2 points over FC Halifax and 4 over Accrington with 28 games in the books and 57 points to our name. Pretty impressive when you think about it, considering all the injuries we've had at striker, the chaos in the backline, and the lengthy injury to a key player who should be back in another week or so.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote