View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 07:54 AM   #94
Izulde
Head Coach

I release Ray Atkinson on a free because I'm really trying to free up space to land an absolutely perfect player.

Zach Little is praised for his awesome development.

vs Colwyn Bay (12th)
GK Dereck Turner
DL Paul Weldon
DC Jimmy Tickle
DC Sam Walton
DR Freddie Dalton
DM Eddu Gnahore
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Will Wilkins
MR Tom Knott
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

Our old friend Danny Parslow is playing for them, remember, and is itching to get revenge on us for letting him go, no doubt.

8 - Back and forth passing between Gnahore and Wilkins and before I know it, Wilkins jacks a shot from just outside the semi-circle, and holy cow it goes in! 1-0

37 - Nothing to do about that one. It was a perfectly blasted thunderbolt. 1-1

Richefond is in for Knott at MR at the half. We're doing okay, but we're capable of so much more.

59 - Fell on for Lloyd at ML, who's lollygagging his way through the match.

Our strikers were sleepwalking the whole game. Just a sad, sad performance all around.

Transfer In - GK Ricky Castles (20)
2 year, $28k per year contract that puts us over budget but he's worth it. Already a top-shelf goalie with BS Premier level upside and immediate next year replacement for Dereck Turner. I'm excited to have this kid from Crawley in our system.

Transfer Out - ST Gergo Lippai - Free Transfer - $26k contract - Hinckley
He wasn't going to come back next year anyway, and the Hungarian never broke into the starting lineup full-time. And with Zach Little and Richie Madine locked up as our starters next year as well, and Curtis Beasley a rising prospect, he was just surplus to requirements.

And we're still $4k over our wage budget, but I'm not releasing anyone else for now. As it was, we had to pay Atkinson $4k on the free just to get under budget so the board would sign off on Castles' contract.

@Nuneaton (10th)
GK Ricky Castles
DL Seb Turner
DC Paul Weldon
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

Almost to full health, as we can see. Curtis Da Costa may see reserve time in this one, but he'll be back full strength next game for sure.

32 - Castles just earned his paycheck right there by having the alertness to swipe the ball from none other than Jesse Darko in what should have been a surefire goal.

35 - Sedgemore is knocked out again, and we have no true cover for him. Fortunately, Walton can play MR in a pinch, so we move him there, and bring Da Costa in at DC, since we were going to put him in at half anyway.

42 - No stopping Darko that time. 0-1

Multiple 6.0 and below equals horrid play. Boland slots in for Gnahore at the break to try and jumpstart this offense.

71 - I've had it. Off goes Madine and in goes Dowie, whose loan ends in a few days.

88 - Darko strikes again. He knows us too well. 0-2

Our lead is cut to a single point, and 10 points away is all we have left away from 6th, 4 from 5th, so things have tightened up very quickly.

Good
Jimmy Tickle
Richie Madine

Bad
Matt Fell
Seb Turner

Big $34.34k loss last month due to not having many home games.

@Boston United (17th)
GK Ricky Castles
DL Seb Turner
DC Paul Weldon
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

That was a real nothing first half. Our offense is awful, and we've dropped down to 2nd place if we tie so far, so we need to win this game. Dowie in for Little and Boland on at MC at the half.

84 - Lloyd steals the ball on a throw-in and we get a daisy chain of him, Worsfold, Boland, Madine for the late slammer that maybe gets us out of here with a win against our old Lithuanian goalkeeper 1-0

85 - He was fucking offsides, you assgnobbling ref!!!! 1-1

94 - Fuck the cumslut homer refs and fuck the literal Coward who knocked Boland out of the game and fuck Boston United for fucking keeping playing even when our injured player was fucking out cold on the grass. Fuck this match and fuck the god damned fucking horsedick Blue Square North

Seb Turner's out for 2 weeks, Antonie Boland a week and a half most like.

Youth Intake
We're developing a real reputation for producing promising MC prospects. First was Will Wilkins, and now this year there's two more, both of whom could be even better than he is - Arron Payne, who has BS Premier potential, and Aaron Eustace who has same and can also play DM naturally, along with pinch-hit playing at ML and MR. Everyone else is trash, though.

vs FC Halifax (5th)
GK Ricky Castles
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

We need a win here to really add some punch to our playoff ticket hopes and maybe even sneak us back in 1st place.

30 - Offsides call finally goes our way after Weldon giftwrapped them the fucking ball.

35 - One of my favorite plays: Sedgemore boots it out to Tickle, who crosses to the Little head for the big goal 1-0

57 - We're awarded a penalty and somehow the goalie stops Walton, who has a 19 PK rating from scoring. Fuck that noise.

64 - Dowie in for Madine, because I'm getting real sick and tired of seeing stupid plays, and Wilkins hops in at MC, because Gnahore has looked uncomfortable whenever he's played there lately.

67 - We suck donkey dick at defending corners 1-1

Another pissant performance when we needed a breakthrough win. One that, I might add, would have put us back in 1st place. That's our fifth straight game without a win

Salisbury City wins the FA Trophy

@Southport 16th
GK Ricky Castles
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Antonie Boland
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

8 - And the rain keeps pouring 0-1

44 - Fuck this. 0-2

Fuck it. 4-1-4-1 with Gnahore an attacking CM and Little the lone striker.

72 - Seb Turner in for Boland

We drop all the way down to 4th after that horseshit display and we fucking deserve it.

@Worcester (2nd)
GK Ricky Castles
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Alex Worsfold
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Eddy Gnahore
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

19 - *Keyboard toss* 0-1

[b49[/b] - ... 0-2

vs Hyde (20th)
GK Ricky Castles
DL Seb Turner
DC Paul Weldon
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Will Wilkins
ML Tom Knott
MC Antonie Boland
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Curtis Beasley

Part of this is due to rest, part of it is us trying something, anything to get a result going.

31 - "Great spell of dominance by Hyde". Fucking of course. Even though a relegation candidate is tailor-made to be a bigger slumpbuster than a so fat every time she turns around it's her birthday redheaded chick for DaddyTorgo, and we put up with this shit.

32 - Sedgemore gets the ball and dribbles, then passes it down to Knott, who tries a desperation shot that manages to go in. Ho-fucking-ray. 1-0

45 - You have GOT TO FUCKING BE KIDDING ME!@$%!@#%$!@#$%kl4JTHIOAWERHAWERGHI8[RY890YHRT4H4RTF789YTPWE3RT789T782354235T78923R5T789235RTY890Q235RFGT89P23;5UG23P895

63 - Seb Turner goes off so some shuffling of players and Dalton in at DR. Not that it fucking matters. We're going to tie or fucking lose to a god damn fucking relegation team AT FUCKING HOME

68 - GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE, ALL OF YOU! SHUT IT FUCKING DOWN! 1-2

72 - We level it but I'm too busy in DON'TGIVEAFUCKVILLE to care. Madine goes in for Beasley 2-2

vs Workington (21st)
GK Ricky Castles
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Antonie Boland
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

We fucking lose 0-1. Fuck it. I'm going to finish out this season and then close this fucking dynasty down.

vs Guiseley (14th
GK Ricky Castles
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Antonie Boland
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

9 - Little scores on a pass from Sedgemore. I don't get excited. Not with the fucked up way we've played in however many fucking games. 1-0

12 - Sedgemore to Madine to Little, and all I can think is, where the FUCK was this shit before?! 2-0

51 - Dalton in at DR after a swapout of Da Costa, Wilkins at MC.

61 - Three straight shots at the goal and nothing. FML.

74 - Wilkins to Little to Madine and that's another one on the board. Hard to get jazzed up though. This isn't doing anything other than solidifying our 5th place spot. 3-0

7.7 for Walton, 8.2 for Madine, and 8.8 for PotM Little.

2 games left. Table looks like this:

Worcester - 75 points
Alfreton - 73 points
Accrington - 71 points
FC Halifax - 71 points
Gainsborough - 70 points
Grimsby - 66 points

Everyone else is already eliminated from title or playoff consideration. With a little luck, we can sneak up to as high as 2nd, but Worcester has this all but locked up.

With those 2 goals, Zach Little has 24 goals and breaks the 2017 record for most goals scored by a Blue Square North player

@Droyelsden (9th)
GK Ricky Castles
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Antonie Boland
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

8 - A 30 yard boot by Sedgemore sends everyone into raptures and vaults us temporarily into 3rd place 1-0

12 - Madine should have crushed that, but he freezes instead.

WTFE - BULLSHIT THEY GOT TO FUCKIG PLAY POWER PLAY WHILE ONE OF MY GUYS IS GETTING TREATMENT OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOU!

47 - We answer with a Da Costa header off the corner but I don't give a fuck. Sick of fucking getting SCREWED BY THE FUCKING REFS 2-2

I move Sedgemore to ST at the half and put Knott in at MR, because Little hasn't done shit all game. Dalton goes on at DR.

60 - Unexpected. Not Sedgemore passing to Madine, but Madine dumping it off to a wide open Lloyd who is up in the striker position and slams the net 3-2

80 - Boland blows two great shots at goal. I'm going to snap my keyboard in half if that costs us.

8.2 for Da Costa, 7.6 for Walton, 7.8 for Lloyd, 8.3 for Sedgmore, and 8.5 for PotM Madine, who despite the missed open shot played brilliantly even if he didn't end up on the scoresheet.

We clinch a playoff spot and Worcester wins the league. We can still get up to 2nd with an Accrington loss or tie and a victory by us, or even a loss by them and a tie by us. Hell, even a tie by them and a win by us gets us up one more spot.

vs Bradford PA (7th)
GK Ricky Castles
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Tom Knott
MC Antonie Boland
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

Their goalie is playing the game of his life and it's frustrating right now.

63 - We're awarded the penalty and this time Walton converts 1-0 Meanwhile, Fell and Wilkins are waiting to go in at ML and MC, respectively.

78 - That was a wide open goal and Little blows it.

Castles is PotM with an 8.5. First time in a long time we've had a goalie earn that honor. 7.7 for Walton, 8.1 for Gnahore

We do end up 2nd on goal differential and draw Grimsby, who snuck in at the very last minute over a free-falling FC Halifax. It was a 5 point margin of championship for Worcester, so it's not like we would have beaten them for sure if we didn't have that prolonged slump anyway.

@Grimsby (Promotion Playoffs)
GK Ricky Castles
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Tom Knott
MC Antonie Boland
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

Why the hell we're playing at their place and not ours, I don't know.

7 - Gonna be a quick exit. Fuck the draw 0-1

Seb Turner and Fell replace Weldon and Walton at the break, because our whole backline is playing like ass.

FICL UPI SDFJASTJAERHFOLAWEOASGHA[FGH][SDGHO[ASGHIRTGRFHHGNASDIO;WERFYFHWEU9POYWE89PRTWE89PITYH789WEGFWUIPOFB79-ROFV783RTB026B2389P

76 - Boland goal. WGAF 1-2

vs Grimsby (Promotion Playoff)
GK Ricky Castles
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Antonie Boland
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Richie Madine

...Oh. Guess there's a second leg. Heh.

Mansfield, once rivals of Brackley, got up to Championship level but relegated back down to League 1 after finishing last there this season.

35 - If this is our last hurrah, at least we got to see the Walton corner to Da Costa for a score one more time. 1-0

51 - Madine's knocked. In goes Richards, who made his stealth return last game, but nevermind that.

52 A FUCKING OWN GOAL BY WALTON 1-1

73 FUCK YOU THAT WAS NOT A FOUL YOU FUCKING ZEBRA DICKED COCK MUNCHING ASSCLOWN!!!!!!

81 - And here's a doublefisted FUCK.YOU. to the fucking refs. Walton hits Little and this one they don't DARE FUCKING deny 2-1

88 - Wilkins and Richards make the two most important passes of our entire season, the latter pushing it to Little for the icy-veined score! 3-1

We drop down into contain mode and we pull it off!

Walton played the game of his life, his 9.0 getting us through to the Final, and of course Little's 8.8 and 2 goals deserve mention.

Richie Madine is ruled out for the Final

And here's why the higher seed is finally an advantage. We play Alfreton on our own turf.

vs Alfreton (Blue Square North Promotion Final)
GK Ricky Castles
DL Paul Weldon
DC Curtis Da Costa
DC Simon Walton
DR Jimmy Tickle
DM Eddy Gnahore
ML Ryan Lloyd
MC Antonie Boland
MR Trevor Sedgemore
ST Zach Little
ST Kane Richards

This is it. All the blood, all the sweat, all the cursing comes down to this one final game. Win, and we're up. Lose, and everything will feel as though it's been a giant waste.

12 - Shit. Little gets knocked. He'll fight through it, though.

35 - How many times have we seen this? Walton on the corner to Da Costa, and while this time it's trapped by his feet and then kicked in, it's still a thing of beauty in this high-stakes moment. 1-0

73 - I decide to play dangerous, putting Knott at MR and Beasley in place of Richards at ST.

Da Costa with the 8.4 and PotM, and Walton with the 7.8 as we pull off the defensive victory AND WE'RE GOING TO THE BLUE SQUARE PREMIER!!!

Before we get too excited though, this isn't new territory. In fact, they were in the BS Premier for the 2013 and 2014 seasons, and then again in 2018. Nor, obviously, is it my first promotion rodeo in this universe, having taken Brackley all the way to League 2 before I abruptly quit there.

Oh, and we'll be passing each other, too. Brackley finished last and least in the BS Premier, so they're going down and I'm going up with my new team. At least they had a nice 7 season run between League 2 and BS Premier before dropping back down again. The only players left from my era are Samuel Bangura and Taylor Parmenter. Bangura's the team captain now, incidentally, and their finances are insecure.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote