View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 09:21 AM   #402
Edward64
Head Coach

We've heard similar proposals before except for the 10-day window to "use it or lose it" (e.g. can't save it).

So 129,000,000 households x $1,000 x 4 payments (or 2 months) = $516B.

My guess is this will help the smaller businesses and big businesses in consumer goods & pharma. Unlikely to help the bigger companies like in travel, hospitality etc. Regardless, I like the idea you have to spend the funds and not save it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/23/mark...y-2-weeks.html
Quote:
Cuban says there are “two economies,” or two sets of realities, right now: One for those able to stay afloat and one for those unable to. “Those without [help] are struggling badly,” he says. “We need to get them help.”

To provide that help, Cuban supports more stimulus checks being dispersed, he says.

Cuban says that all American households, no matter their income level, should receive a $1,000 stimulus check every two weeks for the next two months. He proposed this same idea in May and says “I still believe in doing it the exact same way” today.

Additionally, families would have to spend each check within 10 days, or they would lose the money, Cuban says. He believes this “use it or lose it approach” would be beneficial because it would promote spending, which would help businesses stay open and stimulate the economy.

“I don’t care what they spend it on,” Cuban told KNX 1070 News Radio in May. “It could be candy, it could be rent, it could be their mortgage, it could be anything they deem necessary or that they want.”
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote