View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 09:55 AM   #91
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
As someone who has never been a Star Trek fan, where would you recommend someone start in 2023? Do you start with the new shows Strange New Worlds, Picard and Discovery? I tried going back to the 1960's and watching TOS, and it's just not going to happen.

Hey welcome! Going to try make you a fan ...

I would definitely start with Strange New Worlds. Of all the newer series, it is the most faithful to the original with its more episodic story telling, the acting is great, just enough drama & humor.

All the others have this main "save the galaxy/universe" arc that most every episode builds on. SNS is much more subdued.

It is painful to watch the older legacy series. Compared to today, bad special effects, not great acting etc. I do re-watch some episodes that I really enjoy. For TNG, I highly recommend you watch s5.25. That is one of my all time favorites.

Quote:
"The Inner Light" is the 125th episode overall and the 25th and penultimate episode of the fifth season of the American science fiction television series Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-16-2023 at 09:56 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote