View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 07:18 AM   #314
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Just came back from a long road trip to drop off my oldest kid for college. Feeling bummed.

I look forward to seeing how he grows in this next phase of his life but driving back I was reminiscing about this-and-that about his childhood and came to realize ...

Our family will never be the same again ... we will never be that family again. Sure he'll be back for the holidays and during summer, but it'll never be that 24x7 365 days a year.

Kid has gotten an apartment and will be starting new job in Dec. It's a 12+ hour driving distance so this means we'll be empty nesters a second time around. It's been nice having him around for the past 3 months while he was looking for a job. Daughter is a sophomore in a local college so that'll help.

I wish he had a job closer by like < 3 hours or so but this is a good opportunity for him and will set him up well if/when he decides to jump to next job. Unlike my quote above, this time around he won't be back during summers and maybe 1-2 times a year for holidays.

Next phase of life with kids.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote