View Single Post
Old 07-21-2023, 06:15 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So what are The Movies and their Expansion pack we’ll be running called “Stunts and Effects?” Released in 2005, published by British company Lionhead Studios, then it lets you run your own movie studio from building the Studio Lot to the hiring of extra, stars, scriptwriters, researchers, camera operators, directors, janitors and maintenance and later after your stars get better, entourages. You’ll need ot take care of their look in clothes style, plastic surgery to keep them young, trailers for your stars to live in that need to look nice, and more like bathrooms, restaurants and bars. In the base game we’ll be playing, you start in the silent era of filming in old school Hollywood.

This has some strong game design such as mechanical things to move around to various places, like releasing a film or moving it from written script to casting to filming to release. The early game is very strong for the first 20 years or so. The mid game is tedious do to the entourage issue taking up your staff and scripts with more than one star taking up more Sets to film and time which increases pressure on your director and stars which means they’ll wind up leaving the set to drink and rest. I’ve never made it to the late game.

I like the early game so much that I usually play it every few years or so to give it another spin. I do have the expansion but I’ve never made it to that place where the Stunts and Visual Effects start to get added.

There are some great things. You can increase the working relationship of staff by having them talk to each other or have dinner at a restaurant or drinks at a bar. You can have them practice a genre of music making my practicing in a set. There are real life event in the game that change things, like Comedy films doing better in the Great Depression as people seek fun alternatives, so there is a realistic timeline. There is an Awards show every 5 years, and winners get certain benefits for the next five years, and then a new award and studio will arrive to vote on next.

The PC Metacritic score is 84 and the

Here are the Genres:

Comedy
Action
Sci-Fi
Horror
Romance

Ready to kick this thing off?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote