View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #171
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Decided to buy the DLC. Played maybe 15 missions so far. Just a couple thoughts

1) I don't like how powerful the Reapers are vs normal Sharpshooters. Can move and shoot and have the special concealment

I'm at magnetic weapons for my squad, but my reapers still have their stock guns, and at 3-4 damage I'm finding them near useless at the moment - outside of claiming crates, etc.

I have 1 of each of the new special faction troops, and I'm at the point now where through injuries, tiredness, and covert ops I'm rarely taking more than 1 each battle, either. I think the balance is OK. I've had a few pushover battles where the new special troops have dominated (especially the skirmishers), but then I've had the mission I've attempted 3 times now where a combination of a ton of zombies and a Chosen is straight out wiping my squad.

Quote:
2) I don't quite know how to kill the Chosen yet, I met 2 of them. The first one jumped around, put some hurt on the troops and on the third jump, stood around enough for me to shoot it 2-3 times and it ran away.

I'm not far enough in to know yet, but I imagine all the Chosen are going to be part of the big boss battle at the end. I've killed the 2 I've met a handful of times and the main goal when they show up seems to be to take them off the map before they kidnap/steal knowledge from your team.