Thread: Hattrick
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #60
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I survived my qually and get another season in II

As for youth squad vs pull- I think squad is more interesting and probably more "guaranteed" profits whereas pull can net you that really lucky pick. That said, I've had my youth squad since season 33 when they started. I've invested $2.86M and have made back just a hair over $3M.

There are a lot of factors unaccounted for there. That doesn't include costs of putting the players up for sale or the revenue from future mother club money. There was also a point about 3 or 4 seasons into the youth squad where they adjusted levels upward because the youth squad was glitchy and they hadn't been leveling players properly and I made a bunch of cash from those adjusted players. But I also was a dufus and was training individual for a while because I was trying to get the most for all of my players, not understanding how individual worked and now I've been training the actual skills and rotating what I do on various weeks and what positions guys play to max out training. As a result, over the past 3 seasons, I'm looking at a $1.7M profit and $900K investment.

But to get back on topic, I think a big deal is that the youth squad is quite a bit more fun and adds something else to play around with each week. Also, I have added a tab to my hattrick spreadsheet just for the youth squad to keep track of training. That said, I've never had 2 15yos at once with the possibility of being solid anything when they mature- I think that's pretty lucky. But, for instance, I just promoted a 17yo 0day solid defender (technical, tho) and have an older 16yo who I'm racing the clock, trying to get him to solid pm before he turns 17 but I may not make it.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote