View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #23
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat View Post
I love sports and I love history, so I thought I would combine the two into a single dynasty. I'll start it in 1857. Recreational sports in America had existed before then. But in 1857, several top New York and Brooklyn amatuer base ball teams (yes, it used to be two words) convened and organized a uniform set of rules to use for their matches. This launched us on the road to modern sports as we know them today.

Besides, it was also an interesting time in history as well, as our nation was fast approaching Civil War. I've decided to document this dynasty in two monthly journals. During this time, journals (i.e. magazines) became increasingly popular with readers.

The Sport will obviously cover the happenings in the sport part of the dynasty while The Monthly Republic will cover the historical aspects. To make it more interesting, I will use a modern approach to the news instead of trying to emulate the writing style of the period.

I will use a variety of sims to simulate these early years of sport as well as I can. I may also make portions of the dynasty interactive as I move along to pursue "what if" scenarios.

Who knows, if the muse so moves, I may change history as we move along as well.

I stumbled upon this. Wow. I'm glad I did.