View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #35
Izulde
Head Coach

It's funny. We're doing well, having the most successful stint in Clippers history. I'm back in the coaching game in addition to the GM'ing game. ...And I don't care.

Maybe it's LA. Maybe it's the increased workload. Maybe it's our Scrooge owner. But I just don't care.

So I announce my resignation of head coach, sign Rudy Tomjanovich for 3 years, and just tune out until the All-Star Game.

Wouldn't you know it? Rudy T actually keeps the Wall of Roses backcourt going, although for some reason he likes Mark Carter a starter.

Ben Wallace hates Rudy T. Suck it up, Big Ben.

Heh. Wall of Roses backcourt only last a few games. Jose Calderon the starting SG. Yeah. Okay. Nicolas Batum's starting again and we're 39-14 at the break.

Andrew Kirtz, who the Bucks rather stupidly traded to the Thunder for Derrick Cockle, wins the Rookie/Sophs game MVP. I just now realized I never recapped the draft day trades. Oh well.

Derrick Rose is our only All-Star. The East wins 132-110 as our West players mail it in like I am.

So it's all with a detached air that I watch us roll to a 62-20 regular season, the best record in the entire league. It's Derrick Rose who's been electric, scoring 23.2 points a game, with Tiago Splitter our #2 option. Nicolas Batum locks down the starting SF spot, while Ben Wallace and Brian "The Sun God" Day end up splitting the C starting spot.

And of course, it's precisely when I stop caring that we sweep the Thunder in the opening round before losing in 6 to the hated Lakers. It's a good thing I don't give a rip or I would have been furious and upset over the loss.

The Miami Heat finally make it to the Finals, but Chris Paul's there for the Hornets to win the title in 5 games.

The Pacers jump three places in the lottery to get #3, but the Nuggets jump six to win #2. Charlotte stays #1.

Chris Paul wins his second straight MVP award, Dwight Howard his third straight Defensive Player of the Year nod.

John Wall wins 6th Man and Rudy T wins Coach of the Year. Jason Robinson, taken 19th by Atlanta, wins Rookie of the Year. Jacque Mason and Renaldo Groves got robbed.

No Clippers on the All-NBA teams again, not even D-Rose.

I resign. Donald Sterling is sad to see me go because I brought winning teams while staying under the cap. I'm not sorry to say goodbye to LA.

No general manager jobs open. I could go become the head coach of the Charlotte Bobcats maybe. Me and my 11-4 career record. But we all know that's not going to work.

Every D-League team in the West wants me. But I'm tired of the desert and the West overall. So I apply to Erie, the East-most team. Let's see if a change of scenery and the helter-skelter of team-building in the minors can revive my passion.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote