View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #449
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Georgia 14U Long Course Championships - @GaTech – 7/16 – 7/19

Bailey

800 Free : 10.46.84 – Seeded 17/31 – Day 1 - Given that Bailey has rarely done this event…in fact, the seed time is the only time she’s even done the 800 Free…so she could drop a decent amount of time, depending on how determined she is do better. She was clearly motivated to get her cut, but it is possible she decides to conserve her energy for Thursday, rather than go hard in this one.

50 Fly : 32.65 – Seeded 7/30 – Day 2 - Bailey really wants to do well here, but the names in front of her are all the giants in the state, and the top 5 seed times are all over 1.5 seconds faster. The sixth seed is her old friend Maddie (The Beast) from back in her SwimAtlanta days. Maddie is only .2 faster coming in, but my guess is she’ll swim a sub 31 in the state meet. A good goal here, would be to make the top 10 and a swim in the finals Thursday Evening.
(Note: In an interesting quirk, Maddie is swimming in this state meet as a 12 year old. What is interesting is that she swam last year’s state meet as a 12 year old as well. Her birthday falls on 7/17, which last year was before the start of the meet – thus she was 12 when the meet started, this year she doesn’t age up until the second day of the meet, so she is still 12, and gets to swim as such).

50 Back : 36.77 – Seeded 24/37 – Day 2 - I expect Bailey should do better here than her seed time. How much better I don’t know, but even 1 second could move her up into the top 15.

400 IM : 5:54.60 - Seeded 17/26 – Day 2 – Bailey hasn’t done this one in over a month…I expect she’ll improve, as long as her improved breaststroke continues. She’s got several other Gold swimmers seeded around her, including her friend Ainsely, so I’m sure she’ll want to beat them, that should provide some good motivation.

100 Fly : 1:15.89 – Seeded 13/29 – Day 3 – The goal here for Bailey should be pretty simple…get in the top 10 so she can swim at the event finals Friday evening. I think she can do it…

200 Back : 2:50.06 – Seeded 29/42 – Day 3 – Don’t know what to expect here. Bailey has a tendency to cruise in this event…if she races hard, she could drop 3+ seconds.

Gold B Team 200 Medley Relay – Seeded 8/14 - Day 3 – Bailey has the Fly leg – Could get sixth with 4 good swims.

400 Free : 5:13.89 – Seeded 21/39 – Day 3 – Another event, that Bailey just recently started putting effort into. I think she’ll end up, pretty much where she is seeded, but she should drop some time due to the tapering.

200 Fly : 2:50.15 – Seeded 8/30 – Day 4 – Bailey will swim this event in the evening. This event isn’t swum as a prelim/final, rather the top 10 swimmers swim in the evening as if they were the finals. Bailey is motivated for this one…partially because it is one she is good at, and partially because Bear has a faster seed time then her in this one. She wants to beat Bear and she’s setting her sights on a 2:40.

100 Back : 1:09.22Y – Seeded 38/40 – Day 4 – This is a bit misleading. Bailey qualified for this event in short course so her time is entered as such, and she gets seeded in the bottom of the event. She hasn’t swum this event well all Long Course Season, and honestly, I don’t expect much in this one either…

200 IM : 2:45.66 – Seeded 20/25 – Day 4 – Bailey’s improved breast should help here. Ainsley will be racing Bailey in this one too, so she could be motivated to drop a good bit of time.

Gold B Team 400 Medley Relay – Seeded 7/15 – Day 4 - Bailey has the fly leg…Could get fifth with 4 good swims…

Last edited by Breeze : 07-22-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote