View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 11:57 PM   #12
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

WEEK 10
New York Giants 6-2 @ Atlanta 5-3
The Giants are a great offence, but they are beat up and their run defense is subject. The Giants have gotten six wins by being able to put enough points on the board to offset their lax defense. Nevertheless, the Giants are favored by 5. If only we had a healthy offensive line we could expect a big day out of Nixon.

Well Nixon and our offence had fine performances, but as NY has done all season, they just couldn’t be contained. We fall 41-25.

Nixon ran for 121 yards and a TD on 29 carries. A solid game for Nixon, back over 4 yards per carry. However, Nixon again fumbled the ball, but once again Nixon is saved by his teammates as they recover the ball. While we again didn’t lose possession, this is the fourth consecutive game in which Nixon has dropped the ball.

WEEK 11
Atlanta (5-4) @ Jonesboro Saints (4-5)
The Saints have been having a poor season, but they are just one game out of the division lead. If they can win today they would bring themselves into a tie with us for the division lead. The success that the Saints have had has come from the team’s solid defensive effort. The Saints offence is mediocre at best. That is a combination that should lead to a low scoring game. If we should come out ahead, it means we would have beaten each of our division rivals this year, and put us in a great position for winning the division. Our players are continuing to heal nicely. Our line is healthy except for our center, who is questionable with 3 weeks until full strength. Jonesboro is favored by 3.

Nixon has 26 carries for 108 yards, but the star of this game is our defense. We hold the Saints to under 200 yards of offense and pick off three passes. End result is a 16-7 victory. Nixon again put the ball on the ground, and again he was able to get the ball back. I am growing concerned about this run of fumbles lately. But this victory feels good because my preseason goal was to win 6 games.

Injuries continue to get better. Bob Geis, our starting center, is healthy enough to get back into the starting line up, even though he is not yet 100%. This puts all of my starting line back together again.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote