View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #450
Radii
Head Coach

-- Zoltan Harsanyi is going to tutor my new young Striker Bob Green.

October 8th, 2016

Preston(4-5-2, 8th) @ Woking(6-3-2, 4th)

Preston are slim 5:4 favorites at our place today, we're 7:4. This will be our first meeting. Preston is at a pretty low point, from 2000 to 2010 they were in the championship league. In the 09/10 season they actually finshed 3rd, 2 points away from auto promotion and the favorites in the playoffs, so they were that close to promoting to the EPL. The next season they finished 23rd and were demoted into League 1. 11/12 they won league 1, 12/13 they got demoted, 13/14 they won league 1, 14/15 they got demoted. Last year they fell apart and finished 19th in League 1 and are now fighting for playoff position. Very interesting history, it must be so painful to get that close to the EPL and then fall out of even the #2 league.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Chester/Marc/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Colin/N'Guessan
FC: Harsanyi/Constantino

Paulo and Taylor are injured and backup GK James and Zatara are out on international duty. O'Sullivan starts at MC for Paulo. We attack at home.

3': Its a quick clear cut chance as Colin and Harsanyi work a give and go and Harsanyi gets a shot from about 8 yards out off to the left, he puts it way high though.

9': Free kick from 30 yards out, Upson takes it and fires a shot but its just over the bar, close.

17': We shoot from long range and earn a corner, Chester shoots on the corner and its blocked behind for a second corner, Chester shoots again after the second corner and they clear. We ahve 6 early shots but just one on target.

29': we build up a bit, harsanyi with a ball foward for Constantino, he's wide open,takes his time and scores but I think he knew how far offsides he was... yep, no goal there.

32': Upson has it 40 yards out, his man tries to go for a tackl, Upson recovers and puts a quick ball into the area, Colin scoots in behidn the defense and gets a great look, he shoots low to the left and beats the keeper! 1-0 Great control and great pass from Upson.

Just one highlight of a corner for Preston the rest of the way, we take a 1-0 lead into the locker room.

HALF: This is a lot like our Swindon match except we found a goal with our early dominance today. We have a 58/42 possession edge with 8 shots, 3 on target. We only allow 2 long range off target shots to Preston. Preston is tackling well but otherwise we have the edge all over the place.

56': Preston get their first on target shot, a cross in from the left and a header that Lynch picks up pretty easily.

70': we clear a ball out of the defensive end, N'Guessan controls it and avoids a tackle, he sends a long ball up ahead to Constantino, he's about 25 yards out, he blows by a defender but cuts out a little wide to the right. He pulls up and fires from a very tough angle, sending it perfectly across to the far post, by the keeper and in the side of the net!!! 2-0

75': A preston attack, they get a midfielder in the right side of the area, he gets down to the end line and crosses, there's a header, Ogogo lost it, he was right there, but the header is off the crossbar, Lynch jumped for it and is out of position, they get a man to the rebound first and pass it into the open side of the net before Lynch can recover. 2-1

75': Wiggins in for Nikolaou, Paterson in for Harsanyi, Ferry in for O'Sullivan.

83': We give up a corner, they take it, Marc jumps for a header, he's deemed to have fouled his man, its a penalty... they bury the penalty and we just collapsed pretty badly here! 2-2

No more highlights the rest of the way.

Woking 2 : 2 Preston

I set up my 3 subs to come in a couple minutes before that first goal, the subs were mostly done to get some lesser used players in for a comfortable 2:0 win. They come in and then there's the penalty. Very disappointing play at the end by our guys.

Man of the Match: constantino (8.3)
Goals: Constantino, Colin (7.5)
Assists: Upson (8.0), N'Guessan(7.0)
Notables: O'Sullivan (7.0)

James Chester wins 3 of 8 headers and puts up a 6.4 rating, easily the lowest on the team. I thought I had a great signing here but Chester has been really really frustrating.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote