View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 07:50 AM   #17
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'm struggling with the idea right now that everyone who doesn't have climate change as their #1 priority is kind of a climate change denier.

There's a certain honesty about not caring about it at all, or not believing the scientific consensus. It's harder to wrap my head around the idea that are people who believe that consensus, but don't have climate change as their #1 issue. They must not REALLY believe that consensus if they have it ranked as a #5 or #6 issue, as the average Democrat does.

Not that I'm an environmental saint. I love to travel and my carbon footprint is greater than most.

The economic impact will hurt us before the direct environmental impact does. How we deal with less of the earth's surface being habitable, as population grows. How we deal with environmental migrants (the migrant waves of the future). Humans are extraordinary adaptable and have the ability to figure this shit out. If it's our top priority.

To reply, I believe there are interpersonal political issues within and outside this country which must be addressed effectively prior to successfully attacking global climate change. It's not a denial, it's that without it, you're just screaming into the void.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 06-13-2019 at 07:51 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote