View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #261
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Scouting difference between SISA and the team scout is too high. I'm regularly seeing my team scout rate guys as 5 star potential and SISA has them as 1 star potential. If this happened occasionally it would be fine, but it's happening a lot. Starting a career with a draft really shows the issue. Guys drafted in the first few rounds of a dispersal draft shouldn't have such wild variances between SISA and team scouts.

I don't uderstand. SISA does not give any star/overall ratings, it just rates the skills. And it is intended that it is off a bit, although this was tweaked and SISA is much closer now than in 2006.

Quote:
The dispersal draft also caused weird issues with payroll because of the scouting issue. Players with very high salaries that were drafted early based on a 5 star potential were assigned to minor league teams. I had two 5 mil+ pitchers with a one current/5 potential playing in AAA. I don't mind drafting on potential, but those guys shouldn't be drafted so high that they eat up so much money.

I'm not seeing this. Players with low actual ratings go to the minors, where they get minor league contracts unless they are on the 40 man roster.

Quote:
Can we please have sortable columns in the world screen? It would make scouting nations much easier.

I agree, but I didn't have time for that yet

Quote:
There's still a big problem with staff that doesn't start at the major league level. I saw no coach or scout with double digit ratings that didn't start in MLB. This means that the only movement of staff comes between MLB teams. There is no use in promoting or searching other minor league talent.

Staff does develop over time, they get better as they gain experience, and eventually get big league jobs if they are lucky. Just like in real life.

Quote:
I really don't like the limitation on shopping players. I think the 3 per day rule just needlessly aggravates. There is no real limit on how many guys I can shop(if I do three a day starting Jan 1 I can shop over 600 by the deadline), so this rule doesn't really accomplish anything other than making it more difficult for the player. I don't want to have to remember to start shopping a day before the deadline because I want to shop four players. A possible solution would be to only allow a player to be shopped once per calendar year.
Yeah, that makes sense Will think about it... Thanks!

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn : 03-08-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote