View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #270
RichW
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Markus: I should clarify a couple of points. On the scouting issue it is a matter of potential ratings. I'm regularly seeing guys my scout has in the mid teens that SISA has in the mid single digits. For example the pitcher the AI drafted for me in the third round of the dispersal draft my scout had at 14/15/14 for potential and SISA had him at 5/6/5. He's just one example, but I'm finding them all over the league. The AI was also drafting guys early in the dispersal draft that had these kinds of discrepancies when I looked at other rosters with my scout's eyes. It's fine for this to happen occasionally, but when it's a regular occurance in the early rounds of the dispersal draft it seems to say that the scouting error between SISA and scouts is too great.

The salary problem is tied to the scouting problem. Because scouts see these 1/5 star guys as studs they're drafting them very early which I guess gives them a big salary. They aren't anywhere near ready to be MLB players, though, so they get sent to the minors. It's not that the decision to send them to the minors is bad, but it's not realistic to have guys making 5 mil playing in the minors. Two of the top three salaries on my team after the dispersal draft were pitching in the minors on Opening Day.

I hope staff develops like you say. I know they didn't in 2006 and I won't be playing long enough on the preview to find out.

As I said, this version looks much better than last year's.

I may be missing something. What type of league set up do you have. When I draft players they only get min salary until they are arbritration eligible. In fact they make nothing (relatively) in the minors. Are you talking about signing bonuses? So even the first overall draft pick would make $350,000, or whatever the league minimum is, if he is in the Majors.

Cheers

RichW
RichW is offline   Reply With Quote