View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 07:38 AM   #277
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
SISA (just like your scouts) can be way off when players are very young and have no experience. That is by design.

But all the teams in the league seem to be drafting guys early that SISA says are crap. I think at least for a dispersal draft that the ratings between SISA and team scouts are too far apart. If every team in the league is using top five round draft picks on guys SISA says are mid-single digit potential something isn't adding up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
The players are rated relative to the talent of the league at their position. So, it looks like this draft had some very highly talented MR in there. Nothing wrong with it.

So I shouldn't see this many MRs in every draft? I'll run a couple of seasons and see what I get. My problem is that my scouts rating of the top twenty is so dominated by MRs that I can't accurately assess who's fallen in the draft and may be a mid-first round bargain. It also just seems odd that my scout is saying 1/3 of the best players in the draft are MRs.