View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 01:49 PM   #111
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Just finished watching the Husky game. Can't remember the last time I was so annoyed by them. Can't use the weather delay as an excuse, both teams had to wait it out. This was the sloppiest I have seen them in a long time. Dropped passes, missed receivers, blown tackles, poor end game management, etc...Just a brutal game to watch.
First time in a long time I can remember a UW defense under Kwiatkowski/Lake that was so frequently blowing fundamental things like gap integrity and proper tackling technique. Joe Tryon is a physical specimen but he's freelancing out there waaaaaaay too much and he got burned several times. The drops by the receivers were killers too.

The thing about the weather is the 2.5 hour delay (game re-started at 10:30 local time) reduced the crowd to less than 1/3 capacity. Those that remained did their best to make noise, but it was less than it would have been without the delay.

I've taken for granted that UW's defense reloads instead of rebuilds, but the youth on that side clearly needs some more seasoning to reach their (considerable) potential.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote