View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 02:32 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think taking Delaware State would be cool. It’d be like the WV State of this conference. Small and centrally located HBCU in a state with few schools. It’s even called State State and has a bee-based mascot (Yellowjackets vs Hornets)

Howard is generally considered one of the most prestigious HBCUs out there.

Now that I am in VA, I could push out Hampton, another hugely prestigious HBCU. But I like the four regions each with their own school. I could swap Hampton for Georgetown, and then have four HBCUs, two regional rivals for them, and then the two new schools in Liberty and ODU that are now a part of the Div1A.

2019 Best HBCUs: Top 20 Historically Black Colleges and Universities - Melanin Is Life

According to this, Delaware State is ranked 12th and Morgan 14th, just as fyis. They aren’t chumps. Also, Morgan State is a football powerhouse. Note that there are more than 100 HBCUs in the US active right now.

Or I could swap Towson for Hampton, and then give you the Hampton/Morgan rivalry instead. No thanks, I do like it in theory, but there may be another option I want to consider.

Actually, it looks like App. State is just outside and fit-able in a VA selection. I could swap Georgetown or Towson (or U of D) and slip in a 3rd school. But what would be its rival? I like the regional 2:2:2:2 symmetry right now. Now I am not wedded to Georgetown, and I could swap it and App. State. If Coastal Carolina were in NC and close to the border, I’d might toss both in as natural rivals. I’d have to move it like 200 miles in the game to make it fit. CC isn’t doable.

Let’s commit. I like my symmetry. I adore App State, but I love my symmetry.

So after making the Capital Area Conference

Here are the options that now appeal to me:

1. Delaware State – Try my WV State again, but different. If I do run a CAC institution, it would be this.
2. Troy – The worst academic intuition in DIV1A, and one of the worst prestige as well.
3. Eastern Mich – Let’s try it again!
4. Marshall - We are Marshall!

I’ve done EMU before. Let’s pull it out. And I’ve shown that Marshall may not be the challenge I hoped for.

That leaves Troy and Delaware State. Troy is down from multiple angles, and sitting in the sun Belt.

Troy? Delaware State?

Troy? Delaware State?

Troy? Delaware State?

Troy? Delaware State?

Troy? Delaware State?

Troy? Delaware State?

Not the Trojans.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-02-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote