View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 08:41 PM   #384
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC Manager Update

Press Conference

Stan Hack, "4 in a row now."

"Yes Stan, 4 comes after 3," I say sardonically.

Lou jumps in quickly,"Coach, why so many new players in the lineup tonight?"

"I wanted to get some players at bats. It's been a while since Terp played, Fouts, Ton, and Bullock have been on the bench a bit too. Plus with the tough righy in Gibson it gave me a chance to work the lefties in."

"What made you decide to change pitchers in the 8th?" Blaine Crease asked.

"We'll after Mighty gave up the hit to Morgan, I really didn't want the lefty late in the game facing Clemente and Aaron with runners on."

"Why Kronside?" Crease follows up.

We'll with Musial behind Aaron in the order, I wanted a pitcher that was RH but performs well against lefties. Kronside is the best one we have in the pen for that, plus Rodney pitched last night."

"So you didn't have confidence in Rodney?" Hack asks.

I think, wow he actually formed the sentence as a question. "Last nights loss had nothing to do with Rodney not pitching. It was simply Kronside's turn to throw."

"Why leave Kronside in so long?" Lou querries.

"We'll to be honest...we intentially walked Aaron, then he gets the double play I was hoping for. Then he walks Campanella...no problem. I rather him walk the guy with a base open then to give up a hit and allow a run to score. Plus he was close on the full count pitch. Then the next guy, Banks is almost a carbon copy of the Campy at bat. The only bad series of pitches he has were the ones to Schmidt. That was the 1 walk that hurt."

"Have you lost confidence in Jace now too?" Hack smirks.

"I haven't lost confidence in anyone, Stan, but as soon as I do, I promise you'll be the first to know."

"Good night gentlemen, see you at the park tomorrow."

Last edited by Breeze : 01-13-2006 at 06:48 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote