View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 06:41 PM   #52
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm a bit behind on things, so I'll just say my two cents briefly:

1) You may or may not recall but my wife is a lung cancer survivor, so the surreal nature of hearing the diagnosis rang several bells for me. And there really aren't any just right words I've found.

2) echoing the "journal as you feel, or don't" comments from early on. My wife still marks growing weary of talking or thinking about it as one of the biggest struggles in her situation. If that fatigue hits, do what's best for you.

3) Some recent dealings with Emory (for a third party) did kind of suggest to me that their admin stuff is a little off its game lately, compared to our experiences more than a decade ago at least. And I'm the King of letting fly about that sort of thing.

That said, even with that (and it can be legit maddening) I don't know of anywhere I'd rather be, rather have a family member be, or rather you be. Really unlike any other health care experience I've ever had, there's not just top notch doctors but some downright top notch human beings that seem to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time to let that trait come through.

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.