View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 08:58 AM   #60
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

October 27, 2016

So the day started early. I needed to be at Emory at 7:30, which is about 45 miles away, and with Atlanta traffic that is easier said than done. Not wanting to risk it, we left really early and we got down to the facility about 6:15. To waste time we drove around looking for places to eat and back entrances into the facility.

Once they finally opened, the day went pretty much as expected. It started with the nurse pulling blood for my baseline labs. Which were checked before we proceeded. The labs came back fine, the doctor stated that I do have a VERY slightly elevated level in one of my liver enzymes, which is to be expected. It isn't currently high enough to be a problem, and they will continue to monitor it.

Vitals were checked:

Weight - 191 - I expected this to be higher than it has been because I've had to eat a good bit of carbs recently to combat the nausea from the medication. Also, I really pushed water intake in order to make the blood draws quicker, so I expect some of that weight is actually just water.

Blood Pressure - 123/81 - a little higher than I would like. They only took it once so not sure if it is anxiety over the day, or if the medication I'm on is increasing my blood pressure.

From there I took my pill at 8:15 and then the clock started. Blood was pulled again at 9:15, 10:15, 12:15, 2:15, and 4:15. A lot less often than I was originally led to believe. Plus, the 2 hour window later in the day, allowed me to leave and go and get a good lunch. I don't know anything about the additional blood pulls, in fact, I got the impression that they weren't even checked at Emory (could be wrong), but it seemed to me they were going to be shipped off to the facility where the study is homed.

The day was tiring, but all in all I only got stuck 1 time - so really can't complain.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-27-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote