View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 12:55 PM   #65
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
I'm completely blown away by this. I'd love to put into words how this feels, but the range of emotions is so broad I'm not sure it's possible. Obviously, there is gratitude, but it goes so much farther. I'm honored that they care enough to do this, but there is also a bit of, if not guilt or a feeling of being unworthy, something close to it. I've never been one to ask for help and it feels odd to have people just give it without solicitation.

It's a very nice (understatement) gesture on their part but do try to go lightly on yourself about the unworthy/guilt/whateveritis aspect of it.

You're obviously not entirely a stranger to them (best I can tell from the swim stuff) so there IS a certain amount of ... I'll say "earned equity" for lack of a better phrase. You're up at 430a today for cryin' out loud, some graciousness on their part isn't entirely unwarranted here You're still doing the right thing(s) in a tough situation, and my sense is that you'd have been on board with similar if situations were reversed.

So, yeah, don't let too much of that particular thinking linger too long, m'kay.