View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 03:29 AM   #48
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Monday, 02/05

Did not sleep all night last night. After napping a little in the evening and waking up at around midnight I could not get back to sleep. I watched a little of Maid in Manhattan (just because I can't seem to turn off Jennifer Lopez when she's on the TV) but half way through lost reception and again missed the end of a movie.

Eventually I just put on ESPN and tried to sleep as I knew the Super Bowl would be coming on at some point. Around 4:30 or so it started and I sort of watched while trying to gets some sleep. Sadly I couldn't see the commercials since it was on ESPN International and only got local commercials. It looks like the commercials were probably the best part of the game is the game looked like a dog of a game. Again I wish it were New England and New Orleans, at least it would have been entertaining to watch and not the dog we were provided with.

Again I lost the reception early in the 4th quarter and it came back just to see the Colts getting the trophy and I see that I missed absolutely nothing by not watching the 4th quarter. Talk about a sad year for the NFL to have that be the Super Bowl. I still have no idea what kind of payoffs the Bears made to get that far, major smoke and mirrors with that team.

After having a small breakfast I headed into the office around 10. My goal today was to wrap up a couple of loose ends and make sure the current batch of questions are answered. That appeared to be the case after a team meeting and sitting with a few of the team members. The big negative was that I received a response to my email from Saturday and it did not go over well. I now have to talk to my boss next week when he returns from his trip to Vegas. I emailed him an apology and an explanation that I did not realize that I sent my last reaponse to everyone but understand his position. I also detailed all of my reasons for what I said and myh recent concerns and issues with the company and asked him to respond to those issues prior to our meeting. I really need to know some of those answers as it pretty much tells me just how serious this company is about becoming a top tier company in this part of the industry. After saying my goodbyes I headed back the house early in the evening.

The evening was pretty much making sure I was packed and then heading down for dinner. It was chicken of some sort, fries and rice. The main course of the dinner was very good and I devoured it pretty much. The soup was tomato soup and was just not what I was used to with Viswa's soup.

Near the end of dinner Rameh brought out a couple pieces of cake for a goodbye for me. I thought that was really nice of him. Sadly I had filled myself up on dinner but had some of one slice and about that time Viswa had come back to the house to be able to see me off. I split the other slice and gave it to them to have. I ate what I could of the first slice (it was sickening sweet but I tried to not let on, everything is to the extreme as far as food goes over there it appears).

After dinner I made sure I had everything and then went downstairs to wait for Siby. He was a little late but around 20 after 10 we headed for the airport after saying goodbye to Viswa and Ramesh and wishing them well. Viswa wants me to keep his resume to give out if I see something back home that might be a good job for him so I told him that I would keep my eye out.

The drive to the airport took about a half hour and then it was time to work my way through the mob scene. It is so strange out front of that airport. Even people carrying luggage are just standing everywhere and it seems very confusing at first to figure out wherre you actually have to go to get inside to where you need. Luckily I remembered that from the first time so I didn't end up standing in a "line to nowhere" for a while like last time.

After first getting past a guard at the door with my print out from Lutfhansa for the tickets and my passport I had to get in line to show another guard the same so I could get in line to show another guard the same so he could scan my bags and that was just to have the chance to get to the counter.

It was quick at the counter and then over to fill out the immigration form. I madue sure I had the address of the house this time as that was a sticking point when I left last time. Then it was on to the long and hot line waiting to get through immigration. The air doesn't seem to move much in that area so I feel like I am sweating too much by the time I get to the counter (waiting for them to think I am sweating because I am nbervous about something ).

After getting through immigration, which was very smooth this time (after the forever line, though that line was not as bad as the last time), I headed to the Lufthansa lounge. Actually it is not just for Lufthansa and it is quite small so it was packed in there. The service is very good though and I had a drink and a small sandwich and chips.

It was almost what I thought should be time to board so I headed through security and towards the gates. The flight still has no gate listed but is listed as on time. Time went by and it was about 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time and there was an announcement that it would start boarding. There was still no gate listed on the screens for the flight and the announcement did not say where. There were several people who I could tell were also on the flight looking around quite confused.

I asked one person if they were on the Luthansa flight and they were but also had noi idea where. I had went to the last gate as that is where I left from before and this person had done the same things, also for the same reason. It seems that quite a few of us had done the same. We walked back towards security and found the flight on the other side of the gates (it's not a big airport so there was never a sense of urgency, just puzzlement).

From there is was onto the plane, call home to let them know I was on the plane and time to get ready for the flight....

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-06-2007 at 03:47 AM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote