View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 01:31 PM   #171
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

The worry I have about this being drawn out is the Kim story.

We know Mike and Saul have their arrangement and basically how it works, so Mike's story can take its time. He's already the person he is in BB.

But Kim is the third lead in BCS. She's the one who grounds Jimmy. How does she leave the series? Does she die? Do they have a falling out? If so, why (does he join Amway and try and force her to sell crappy household products)? Whatever it is, it's being set up as something strong enough to turn him from Jimmy to Saul. But Jimmy was fairly close to being Saul at the start of last season anyway.

So that's nagging at me now. And I've had enough of Jimmy trying to fit in, so I'm glad they took care of that. I just wonder what it is we're looking for. Saul, in BB, wasn't that compelling. It's only because Odenkirk is talented that we saw any humanity in him.

What makes him a weasel who enables drug dealers, but fears the violence of the drug world rather than a weasel who works for a major law firm? The only difference is that Saul wouldn't care enough to find the Sandpiper suit. As far as the life of crime goes, there's not much struggle. Last season, Jimmy reacted the same way Saul would have reacted to the violence.

This show is very well done and I enjoy watching. I just wish it weren't headed where it has to be headed, because the loss of Kim will figuratively unground him, but the character is already Saul - that his own brother is this bitter recluse who despises him seems to be a more powerful influence. Whatever did this to Jimmy was done long ago. VG created this, so he sees it. But we're pretty close to the end of the story, then.

If not, Jimmy will need to find a new Sandpiper and work it with Kim, which will bind us even closer to Kim with the eventual unhappy ending looming over us even more. Or Kim will have to break bad with deadly consequences, and that will loom over us.

So, I hope they do this quickly, and we get to post-BB Saul next season.

Last edited by Solecismic : 04-01-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote