View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 07:54 AM   #200
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
All Jimmy has to do is say that he was just trying to humor Chuck, it seems to me. I don't think anything was said that can't be laughed off by Jimmy as trying to make Chuck feel better.

Maybe that's a cheap way out, but it is also the slimy lawyer way out.

But if they just end up spending a few episodes next season unwinding this, it also means that they ultimately wasted the opportunity for a better storyline that they could have used to anchor the end of this season.

I said a few episodes back that I was 100% cool with the slow burn aspect of this, and wasn't in a rush to get anywhere but having just caught up last night, I REALLY didn't like this. I'm just so completely tired of all the stuff with Chuck. If he died, and that caused Jimmy to reevaluate things (or go further down the road), I would have been good with that. If he got busted on this scam and it ultimately hurt his career and Kim's (and killed his relationship with her that he values so much), I would have been good with that.

But I just have absolutely no interest in going through more of the Jimmy-Chuck relationship and Chuck's issues. Like cartman said, Gilligan has earned a lot of latitude here so we'll see but I'll be heading into next season with much lower expectations than I had just a day ago.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote