View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #159
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm a little concerned about having Chief in the role of Sheriff. Not so much out of concern of him being evil - don't feel that way at the moment - but because of his usual schedule.

My preference would be to have the Sheriff be someone who is more available to participate in the discussion. The Sheriff is going to have the ability to make life and death decisions - I don't want them to auto-execute or auto-jail. I think it is considerably more difficult for the Sheriff to have to catch up on 200+ posts each night in order to make good decisions. I would prefer to have someone who is around to react to breaking information to provide me with the opportunity to interact with them.

The schedule is a contributing factor for me not pushing for the role - work has the potential to be pretty dicey. I don't really want to put the town in a position where I won't be able to make the best decisions.

I know CR has actively said he doesn't want the role. But Barkeep has now voted for him and others have suggested voting for people who are not campaigning for the job.

I tend to agree with this, as my schedule is going to be an issue on some days (I believe I will be working both jobs Tue and Wed this week, which means I am on very early and very late only). On the other days, I will not be available for much discussion in the day time, but I will return home from work to read discussion, get a vote in and participate in the discussions in and around the deadline and at night.

That said, if people weren't too concerned about the sheriff's participation in discussions, but more about the choices he would make, I would be available to read through all discussions and make night actions as appropriate. My schedule won't inhibit me there.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote