View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #3970
Autumn
Head Coach

I had fun Abe. I think the natural tendency is to deconstruct it as soon as it's over since we've been sitting, unable to see it all and unable to discuss it openly.

I think every game people vent over whatever isn't working for them. And I think any complicated ruleset is going to get complaints for either being too complicated or too opaque. I think the main difference I would suggest for this ruleset would have been trimming down the number of events or changes of rules. Just the regular rules were enough for us to try to wrap our hands around. One game changing event would have been cool, but I think it got to feel a bit much when there were several events (by which I mean things like the game ending battle, but also the other battle, the two day camps, those sort of things).

I love a game with a unique ruleset though and I enjoyed this one. The work element was fun for me and I loved the historical immersion of it as well as some of the twists and items. I can't believe I didn't get a role though, seemed like everybody had one.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote