View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 05:51 PM   #327
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Kodos and IU have a formidable run game.. We knew that going in. The goal was to force the pass, but we didn't do a very good job of that, then when we did force long yardage, we forgot to spy the QB and got hurt doing that. We were just trading scores for a while.

Then Gray got hurt.

After that I have to admit I breathed a sigh of relief, because we had much better luck against the backup on the few carries he had up to that point.

We went into half time super frustrated though, as a chance to kick a FG going in with one second left was denied when the game refused to accept my attempts to call time out. I was mashing select as soon as my guy hit the ground but they wouldn't give me the time out. I tossed the controller a short distance onto my bed in disbelief because I knew we needed those 3 points and I knew my kicker could hit that.

Second half rolls around and we get off to a shaky start, being held to a FG, which I thought for sure would hurt us badly. However, we were amazingly fortunate to have Indiana's QB fumble going in on an apparent TD run. It was a miraculous play and an incredible turn of events, and without that play we may not have had a chance. Well our good luck continued shortly after that on a 3rd and 20 after we managed a pick to try and put the game firmly in our hands and take a ten point lead. Well, that 3rd and 20 played out like a near exact replica of a 3rd and 14 Indiana converted earlier in the game. Receiver draped in good single coverage still makes a solid grab, saving the drive. We later pushed it across to go up 10, a commanding lead at that point in the game..

But the Hoosiers weren't done.

The first play of their next drive was a beautiful bomb for a TD over my CB and my slow reacting safety for 6. Game back to 3 with about 1:40 left, the onside kick was next.

We managed to recover and save ourselves the win with a first down and a few kneel downs, but man, that was tense. I'm still a little high strung from the experience. If that game was recorded it would have been a classic to re-watch.

Hell of a game, Kodos. Wish your RB would have stayed healthy to make it more even strength.

EDIT: It uploaded for me.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 05-16-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote