View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 12:16 AM   #353
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apr 27, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth (6-11-28, 24th) vs Stockport (13-10-22, 19th)

4-4-2 Attacking to start. Stockport technically hasn't assured themselves of staying up but to be relegated we would have to beat the stuffing out of them and either Newport co or Kidderminster would have to win big (Stockport leads them both by 3 pts and has a 5 GD and 11 GD edge respectively). we're 7:1 dogs at home, they're 1:3 faves. Appropriate somehow that we're playing in a steady rain, matches the mood around the club.

GK: Dovey
D: Brown, Seery, Groves, Sinclair
MF: Phillips, Matondo, Wedderburn, Bembo-Leta
ST: Armstrong, Lobjoit
Bench: (Rowbotham, Janneh, Mole, O'Connor, Knight)

Halftime: Blyth 0 - Stockport 0
Took two shots in the first five minutes, didn't have another & were outshot 5-2.

Fulltime: Blyth 1 - Stockport 1
Wedderburn foul in the box, McConville denied by Dovey on the penalty at 48'
Fraughan with a fluke goal that bangs in off the underside of the bar at 69'
Mole takes our first shot in an hour
Switch to Overload at 84'
3 mins extra time
LOL, dovey comes forward at 90'
Groves centers a pass for Lobjoit at 91:30 ... Sheridan fouls him & a PK is awarded
Mole takes a breath ... comes forward ... and scores at 91:58

A final stab at glory by Mole who is sure to exit the club. He had played over eleven HOURS without a goal prior to that. Outshot 10-4, played like crap & stole a point anyway.

Dovey 6.4
Brown 6.7, Seery 6.8, Groves 7.3, Sinclair 7.0
Phillips 6.9, Matondo 6.0, Wedderburn 6.8, Bembo-Leta 6.7
Armstrong 6.0, Lobjoit 6.7 & 1 assist
Subs: Mole (67' for Armstrong) 6.8 & 1 goal, Janneh (67' for Matondo) 6.9, O'Connor (85' for Bembo-Leta) N/A

Apr 27, 2013 (postmatch)
Can't help but chuckle at the ending, although our opponent might find it less funny the point still keeps them up. We finish in dead last place, one point behind Braintree, 16 points from safety.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-16-2012 at 12:17 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote