View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #395
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

July 30, 2013
We terminate the trial of young MF Patrick Christian. He was only so-so in his five appearances and his request for a full contract of $375/wk was simply absurd.

We also can't come to terms with Aaron Brown and end his trial. Would like to have used him but it's been noted that he was having problems motivating himself to play for me, plus he wouldn't come down on his p.a. fee demands, we were stuck on about $250 per, he wanted $400 per and wouldn't come below $350.

We terminate the trial of 18 y/o Sam Berry. The young DC was uneven in three apareances and his passing was horrible. Combined with poor stamina, he just wasn't a good fit.

We part ways with Jason White, didn't appear focused in warmups before the Guernsey match, which isn't good when you're on a month to month deal. Bottom line is that he simply isn't worth the $400/wk he's costing us.

We also have concerns about the attitude of a number of players who are finding it tough to motivate themselves to play "for a coach with such a low reputation in the game"

D Tom Seery, GK Nathan McDonald, ST Billy Lobjoit, MF Reece Hands, D Danny Groves, GK Kieran Gonzalez, as well as trialists Gary Sinclair, Adam Quinn and Jamie King.