View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #68
Radii
Head Coach

Huh, its march now. I just noticed that on my last ~5 updates I thought it was January. Oops

Now that Kevin Lynch is healthy again I've let backup GK Lewis Martin go back out on loan, this time to Eastbourne Boro in the BS South. I have a recall clause in there again.

Mark Cullen is named the BS Premier team of the week.

March Notes

--Kevin Lynch has trained well this month. Always glad to see that.

--March is going to be busy. It looks like we have 7 matches this month.

--The board is very pleased with my leadership. Our BS Premier results remain the high point. The fans are concerned that Harsanyi is in a bit of a slump though. He's only got 2 goals and 1 assist in our last 8 matches(following a heater of a stretch of 7 games/7 goals). Its hard to decide if we aren't playing well as a whole on offense because Harsanyi has been off or if others have dragged him down.

Sole is available again after recovering from his latest injury. Pulis is the only player hurt right now.

March 3rd, 2012

Woking(19-9-7, 4th) @ Altrincham(4-8-22, 23rd)

Altrincham is very slight favorites today. We're 3-0-1 against them in our history, delivering a crushing 6-2 performance at home earlier this year. Hopefully our players are offended to be underdogs against a team with 4 wins in 34 matches.

Same lineup from our last match. Sole is available.

15': We take our 6th corner, all 6 laughably bad. We really suck at the set pieces.

31': O'Sullivan with a long shot that hits the crossbar and bounces back into the field of play. Harsanyi is first to it and puts it into the net... but he's offsides. It was close.

35': O'Sullivan with a great pass to the left side of the box that German picks up, he makes a move to turn by his defender and strikes it into the right side of the net! 1-0

46': We can't take a corner and we can't defend one either. Lynch makes a bad decision on a corner through the box and gets caught way out of position. We lose out on a header too and the ball is headed into an open net. 1-1

HALF: We dominate outside of one very poor corner defense. We take 7 shots to their 4, control 61% of the possession and have 11 corner kicks. Hopefully the offense picks up in the second half.

46': A great move right off the kickoff. Cullen feeds Ademola for a solid effort charging into the box put he puts it just wide.

74': Our 3rd shot on target all match... seemed like a great breakaway. German steals the ball at midfield and we have 3 guys forward, Cullen feeds Ademola who decides to try to pass it back instead of challenge the keeper, a poor pass, Cullen gets to it and does take a shot but its a poor one. Ademola had a great run at the keeper I thought. Missed opportunity.

76': Three subs all at once today again. Arter/Sole/McClaggon in, Herd/Cullen/Ademola out.

79': Some bulidup on the right side gets the defense slightly out of position, a pass is made to O'Sullivan from the right. O'Sullivan finds the hole i nthe defense and Harsanyi gets to the ball and fires a very nice shot from 18 yards out. He beats the keeper near post and gives us the lead! 2-1

86': German has picked up an injury and has me worried, erg. He'll finish the match but he is hobbled badly(40% fitness)

One last shot for Altrincham, a cross and a header in the 93rd minute but its way over the bar.

Altrincham 1 : 2 Woking

two road wins in a row, it feels like we are really back on track now.

O'Sullivan is man of the match with an 8.7 rating and assist on both of our goals.

German earns a great 7.9 rating and one goal. Harsanyi a 7.0 rating with his second goal in two games. Clarke(7.4) and Ademola(7.2) played well too.

Injury Update

Antonio German is out for 6-7 weeks. It's March 3rd, our final match is April 21st. Maybe he'll be back for the playoffs?

10 matches left:

1. Macclesfield - 72 pts
2. Cambridge - 71 pts
3. Rushden - 71 pts
4. Woking - 69 pts
5. Cheltenham - 68 pts
-----------------------
6. Kidderminster - 64 pts
7. Kettering - 64 pts
8. Wrexham - 61 pts
9. Accrington - 60 pts
10. Newport co - 60 pts

Our next two are against Kettering and Cambridge. Huge stretch coming up. Macclesfield and Cheltenham are both still on the schedule too. We'll have a lot to say about our own destiny here.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote