View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #597
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

June Update

-- The Premier League transfer window opens on June 9th but we don’t expect to start buying until we get our new budget late in the month. We do have a few contract extensions to consider, most importantly whether we decide to re-up veteran Andrea Rocca.

-- U18 players Felix Hernandez, Eneko Remirez, Dennis Richter, Nathan Protheroe and Steven Potter all train well last month while reserves midfielder Adam Hyde does not - he has an expiring contract that won’t be renewed so no big deal.

Premier League Monthly Awards

— Man City’s Jonathan Bottone scored two goals in three games to win Player of the Month accolades.

— Reading midfielder Jason Stevenson wins the Young Player of the Month award for May.

— Chelsea manager Paulo Bento wins Manager of the Month for May and I finish in third place.

International Update

-- We have 19 players called up for international duty and the biggest surprise (and a pleasant one) is that Andrea Rocca is called up by Italy. Now, he’s been called up before but has NEVER represented Italy as a senior player and it would be wonderful to see him earn his first cap. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for him.

June Board Confidence Update

-- The board are very pleased with my overall leadership, with our FA Cup win the highlight and our Champions League loss the lowlight.

-- We made a profit of £30.14 million last month.

Board Inject Cash and Pledge Improvements

-- With funds a bit on the tight side, our sugar daddy chairman Chris May loans the club £16.25 million to help with our running costs. Sweet!

-- Construction work has also begun on training ground and youth facility improvements, with projected costs of the expansion work totalling £8.5 million. I try to approach the board once again about the chances of building a new stadium and once again, I’m rebuffed. We sold out most of our games this year and there is no more room for seat expansion at Crabble Athletic Ground but our chairman feels “the fan base is unlikely to expand in the future and a stadium rebuild is unnecessary”. Blah.

Yearly Training Summary

-- We still have a very young team so it’s no real surprise to see a bunch of players get positive notices and NO ONE gets a negative training notice. Getting singled out are Mads Pedersen, Alberto Velazquez, Eneko Remirez and Steven Potter along with U18 players Joshua Stokes, Edward Smith and Nathan Protheroe.

Vacation

-- And with that, the team depart on summer holiday to enjoy another successful season.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote