View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 03:00 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It's not listed, but since I lived here in Maryland, I think you could do it. Only Navy and MD are in the game, but you could add in schools like Frostburg State, Morgan State, Towson in Batlmore, UMBC (give it a football team, why not), and more. You could also use DC and North VA all the way down to Harrisonburg as they are in the range of schools from how far down the peninsula Maryland goes. Georgetown, who's football team is in the Div1AA. Also, all of Delaware is in range too. You also get two counties in the corner of New Jersey, and if you wanted to push U. Penn or Villanova about 20 miles away into Jersey, you could grab them too.

These are just a few of the Div1AA that are in the area, no DIV2 ones listed.

Possibles

Morgan State -Div 1-aa, Baltimore, MD

Towson U, Div-1AA, Towson, MD (see below for UMBC)

Mount St. Mary's Div 1-AA, Emmitsburg, MD - EDIT looks like they cancelled their football program.

Georgetown, Div1-AA, DC

Howard, Div 1-AA, DC

Univ of Delaware, Div-1AA, Newark, DE

Delaware State, Div-1AA, Dover, DE

James Madison U, 1-AA, Harrisonburg, VA

Fantasy -

UMBC (Why not give it a football team?) Catonsville (Next to Baltimore so you could give it the same stats)

There are also Div 2 schools like Frostburg State and Bowie State around too.

Note that Morgan State, Delaware State, and Howard are all three HBCUs and would offer interesting stories. (As was my own WV State I ran twice in TCYs set in WV)

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-29-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote