View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 09:39 PM   #9
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

FA1

Working through the FA options for our QB issues and old friend Craig Martinez is there at 77/77. He only wants $40m/yr. There's an obvious stud in the draft class and we could trade from 1.3 to 1.1 to take him. There are some other draft options that look intriguing...

We settle on going cheap. And we're going to push hard to bring in a 36/39 guy in his 7th year. I know... didn't we just do that? Yes. Are we doing it again? Yes. Is that incredibly stupid? Not so fast.

QB Buddy Weber has a 96 Sense Rush bar and a big scramble bar. (And, um, a big screen passing bar?) He's a former 5th round pick who has never been given the chance to start. Why is he still here? It's destiny. (He's asking for $1.5m/yr.)

We'll probably try to draft someone as well, but I'm hoping we get Weber who is also a mentor. I don't know exactly how we wouldn't get him, but we'll see what happens. And we'll likely release last year's starter, Caiden Logan, to "make room."

I honestly don't think we're in a place where we can pursue anything else. We're at 43 players, which is nice, but we can't sign all our draft picks and stay under our cap at the end of this. I think we're looking at signing Weber, trying to trim some roster pieces, and heading to the draft. We can look at some lower level fillers in FA2 if we have some wiggle room.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote