View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:04 AM   #212
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Okay, I have procrastinated posting here long enough.
Brief back story.
12 years ago I was in college, playing football, weighed 290lbs and wore size 38 pants. I suffered a major knee injury that resulted in 3 weeks flat on my back and 5 months in a cast (re-injuries and complictaions) needless to say I lost a lot of muscle and my habits changed dramatically.

I followed this up by a 18 month period of depression and self destruction, partying, boozing, drugs, whatever to "feel good". In 98 I finally got my life together, finished college started a family and all that, but never got back in shape.

My weight has rollercoastered between 260 and 280 for a few years, as I moved "up" in my former company I got an office job and really got out of control. In July of this year I changed jobs and soon became disgusted with myself, I am literally out of breath every morning when I walk up the stairs.

So January 1, I went crazy. I got as intense as a Gazelle on the plains and have been trying my best to not only lose weight but also get in better shape.

So there is my 30 second back story, here are the numbers
January 1 - 298lbs (I never hit 300, that was always a barrier for me) 44" pants are hard to button but I refuse to go bigger

Today, I am 275 and have dropped ~ 1 pants size. basically my 44s are loose now and 42s are still too uncomfortable to wear everyday.

I have been very inspired reading the progress of everyone here, and hope that my updates will #1 keep me accountable to someonee other than the mirror and scale, and #2 mayeb encourage others.

Wish me luck

Last edited by CU Tiger : 02-20-2007 at 09:05 AM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote