View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 01:03 AM   #587
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Going to Orlando in February and going to spend two days at Universal and one day at Hollywood Studios to enjoy Star Wars Galaxies Edge with my boys (11 and 13).

Anyone checked out Galaxies Edge yet? Tips? Suggestions?

Any recommendations about where to eat with the wife and kids? Thought about the SciFi DriveIn based on prior recommendations here but it is booked that day right now. I also thought about the Prime Time 50's Diner. How is the fireworks show (Fantasmic) I have not seen that one before?

Prime Time is kinda okay if you enjoy the schtick (waitresses call everybody "cousin" & whatnot) otherwise it's pretty ho-hum once you get past looking at some of the older decorations they have.

Ffwiw, my now 21 year old just channeled his inner tweenager & said "don't do 50s Prime Time, not at that age". Problem is the options are pretty limited there for table service, cause Brown Derby is not really a thing for that age group either. That leaves Mama Melrose, which is so-so Italian basically. (Eliminating Hollywood & Vine, perhaps the weakest of all the buffets)

His advice is that if Mama Melrose doesn't suit then maybe the best bet is to just do one of the Galaxy Edge or Toy Story Land counter service. His actual advice was -- depending on schedule of course, to use that evening meal to dine outside the park & enjoy one of the resort dining options as well.