View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 10:57 AM   #3
Umbrella
High School Varsity

PRE-SEASON

Our starting lineup will be as follows: C - Morgenthaler, PF - Fulks, SF - Smawley, SG - Mullens, PG - Kappen. Interesting that our coach moved Smawley to the 3. Also, he went with Morgenthaler over Knoreck. Norlander, Glenn, and Knoreck fill out the rotation. I'm not sure why the coach is so high on Glenn, as he looks terrible to me, but I will generally let the coach make the depth chart decisions, unless I want a young guy to get more minutes.

We go 4-3 during the pre-season, with Nelson getting a stress fracture which will put him out of action for a while. I'm not worried about that since I don't see him getting minutes.

REGULAR SEASON

We started out around .500 until Fulks got a minor groin pull in the 9th game of the season. Since he's averaging a whopping 56.6 ppg at this point, I'm concerned. We finish the November 5-6, with Fulks winning player of the month despite missing the last couple of games.

Fulks returns after the first game in December, and the team goes on a roll. He wins player of the month for the second time as the team sits at 14-8 going into the new year. We come back to earth a little bit in January, losing Norlander for a significant amount of time with plantar fasciitis. We finish January at 20-12, and Fulks wins player of the month for a third straight month.

February brings the all star game, and the Knicks have three representatives. Morganthaler, Kappen, and of course Fulks all get selected. Fulks led all players in scoring, yet the MVP went to Washington's Harold Kottman in a 147-131 Eastern victory. Kappen broke his finger right after the all-star break, and had to fight through that. We finished February at 25-16, with Fulks winning player of the month yet again.

Norlander returned, and immediately broke his jaw in his first game back, putting him out of action again. We continued to be mediocre, finishing March at 31-21, good enough for third place in the east, 2 games out of 2nd, and 4 games in front of 4th. The top three teams in each conference make the playoffs, so we are on the edge. Fulks wins player of the month again, and I can't see how he won't win MVP.

We play decently in April, and a late season swoon by Toronto is enough for us to sneak into 2nd place with a final record of 36-24.

I'm going to try and see if I can insert some HTML into the next post.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote