View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 09:13 AM   #162
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

SO yesterday was the day.
Dropped my oldest off at college. So many memories, so much emotion. I held it together. My wife and (shockingly) daughter not so much. My daughter is 15 and they fight like typical brother and sister. Don't get me wrong they are close but they never let the other see that they care. But she absolutely lost it before we left.

Hurt me.
He will be fine. Already called me after his first college practice. Bragging about how he held up to conditioning while others couldn't hang. "Heaviest guy in the OL/DL group...first one on every 110 sprint and last standing at the end"...hes sharing a dorm house with 7 other football players. All freshmen all coming in together. They will bond.

It was exciting to watch how many were drawn to him when they saw him...he has a natural leadership/charisma/energy...so I am so excited to see what he becomes.
But damn....its day 1. I miss him...I went for my morning bike ride and walked the dog and...then work. So nothing even unusual yet. But I can already tell this is going to suck...and its the new normal.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote