View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 08:59 PM   #383
GoDukes
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
If you really watched the Sopranos and was a decent fan, then you should have had no expectations for that kind of ending.

In all honesty, I was really surprised by the amount of action in the second to last episode. I believe that might've been a bone to throw at some viewers to inject some action into an otherwise dull sixth season.

Regardless, if you really expected things resolved in the Sopranos, then your watching the wrong show.

I love the high horse that certain people who watch The Sopranos ride around on.

Just another reason why The Wire kicks the The Sopranos ass up and down the street. Art. Amazing writing. Social commentary.

My favorite summation of The Sopranos finale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Given how the critics and fans of The Sopranos have smashed David Chase specifically and the show in general for not living up to expectations and not paying off in a way we came to expect after the first few seasons, this had to be Chase's way of saying "Screw all of you people, this is *my* show and I'll end it *my* way." He threw all the blood-thirsty fans a bone with the episode last week, and this week he indulged himself.

In the end, however, the show's legacy is left to the fans and critics, and Chase pretty much sealed the fate of The Sopranos as perhaps the biggest undelivered promise in dramatic television - 2 or 3 of the best seasons in television history followed by 4 seasons of self-indulgent ungratifying crap, with the finale episode - and the final scene - a perfect example of what's been wrong with the Sopranos for so long.
GoDukes is offline   Reply With Quote