View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #49
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

13 April 2013

This morning I received a message that made me smile. The assistant manager candidate I'd offered a job has decided to accept.

Pit Theis is familiar to Luxembourger football fans. He played goal for several clubs for nine seasons, and made 13 appearances for Fola Esch this year. At age 34, he decided to hang up his boots this spring and begin the next phase of his football career.

He was a good keeper--I scouted him and almost offered him a contract--but he'll help us even more as a staff member. His attributes are better, across the board, than Kevin Bianchini's were. Pit is, naturally, especially good at training keepers; he's so good at this that, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking he'll one day leave Rosport to coach goalkeepers with a big club somewhere. For now, however, he's with us, and I'm glad to have him.

I noticed there are a number of unemployed scouts who are better than our guy. What's more, now that we've had some success, they are willing to talk to us about a job.

Our scout (3/3 for evaluating talent/potential) might want to update his resume. He frustrated me when he spent three months looking for talent in Luxembourg and found only one player: Naby Twimumu, whom I already knew well. I instructed him to tell me about any TWO-star or better talent he found, so it's not like I only wanted information about superstars.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote