View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 11:06 PM   #293
Radii
Head Coach

Atlantic Coast Cup First Round Draw

32 teams remain. Ohh, tough draw. It is at home, but we face the Reggae Boys, a team in the Atlantic Coast Premier League above us. They've made the playoffs in that league each of the last two seasons but just failed to promote. We'll play May 9th.

March 28th, 2017

Wake Forest Cougars vs Chattanooga FC

Attendance - 312

-- First meeting. Chattanooga has struggled each of the last two years, finishing 14th and 19th. Only the playoff for relegations saved them last season.

Starting Lineup

GK: Gyan
D: Otoo/Forrest/Ashe/Varela
M: Glaser/Shakespeare
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Ratzburg/Navarro

-- We keep some of the lineup the same, we did have 5 days so some guys are good to go, Otoo/Ashe/Navarro/Cooper all played very well and have enough fitness to go again, so why not. We'll look to counter since its our best strat, we'll attack more if we have to later.

10': They get a striker on the ball after a long goal kick, but Ashe and Forrest defend well. A long shot is saved.

11': A quick strike on a ball from Shakespeare to cooper... easy goal for Cooper but he's called offsides.

13': Following a throwin from them, there's a cross into the box, and a goal. Damn. 0-1

18': Glaser with a long ball ahead to Davidson, real nice pass, a clear cut chance from 15 yards for Davidson, but wide.

42': We'll attack.

HALF: We get outshot 4-1, we are doing ok though, passing and winning balls int he air much better than them, we just need to be more aggressive I think. Ashe and Forrest both have poor ratings, I decide to tell the defense that I don't think they have been good enough, and it seems to fire them up.

61': Hernandez in for Ashe, Michael Maurer in for Navarro, lets make something happen.

62': After another long goal kick from Chattanooga they get a clear cut chance, but Gyan comes up big on the save. We look to counter as we recover the ball, the defense gets back gbut we do get a shot, but its well wide from Cooper.

73': Glaser with a cross to Maurer for a goal, but he was slightly offsides. Second time today.

74': ANTOHER long goal kick for them and a striker gets literally 10 yards behind the defense... he scores easily. 0-2

80': Fisher in for Cooper.

83': Shakespeare ahead to Maurer, a tough shot from a tough angle, and its wide.

91': Shakespeare with a pass down the left for Davidson, he puts it in the middle of the box, Ratzburg is there, he beats the keeper! 1-2

That's it though.

Wake Forest 1 : 2 Chattanooga

Our goal came too late but I'm happy we did score in our first appearance in Division 2.

They have the man of the match today.

Goal: Ratzburg (7.2)
Assist: Davidson (6.7)

Lots of 6.7-6.9 ratings, Ashe, Cooper, Navarro, Hernandez seemed to struggle a bit. 6.1 for Ashe, 6.4 for the others.

Two disallowed goals is pretty dissapointing as well.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote