View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 10:15 PM   #297
Radii
Head Coach

-- Backup keeper James Barton complains about his playing time. I tell him he's not getting any more, he doesn't want to hang around, so I release him.

April 11th, 2017

Wake Forest Cougars (1-1-2, 15th) vs Valdosta Victory (0-1-3, 17th)

Attendance: 758

-- We've played Valdosta 3 times back in the previous league, they're the other team that promoted up with us. We're 3-0-0 in those 3.

Starting Lineup

GK: Gyan
D: Otoo/Ashe/Forrest/Varela
M: Castro/Shakespeare
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Arredondo/Cole

Eder Castro and Carlos Alberto Arredondo both get their first action with the first team, due to the Ratzburg injury and fitness issues in the midfield. Standard mindset against a weaker team at home.

2': They have a throwin deep in their own end, and they give it away immediately, Davidson has it, passes to Shakespeare, he shoots from 25 yards out, and he scores on the long shot!! That was unexpected. 1-0

4': We build up down the right, Cooper with a pass into Cole, Cole shoots from a tough angle but he scores, nice shot! 2-0

9': We have a corner, taken to Ashe, he has 3 men around him, he's brought down and its a penalty! Shakespeare takes it and scores his 2nd goal! 3-0

30': They work it down the right side, cross into the 6 yard box, Forrest runs into it and deflects it in, oops. 3-1

HALF: well, we've scored 4 goals, unfortunately one of them was into our own net. But things are looking good and I just tell the team that I think they can be even better. Valdosta hasn't taken a shot yet.

62': Throwin in their end for us, Davidson with a header forward to Arredondo, he crosses to the other side where Cooper is all alone and he puts it right in! 4-1

64': Cooper with a nice pass ahead to Cole for a clear cut chance, but he puts it wide.

75': Castro picks up a minor injury.

78': They have two midfielders with yellow cards, one of them brings down Shakespeare and gets his second yellow, they're down to 10.

82': They take their first shot.

89': Cooper makes a great run down the right and crosses it in to Arredondo for a goal, but he's clearly offsides.

91': Davidson ahead to Cole, Cole has drawn their entire defense into the left side of the area, he passes it over to Cooper who is once again all alone and once again puts it into the net! 5-1

Well that feels satisfying after the last match.

Wake Forest 5 : 1 Valdosta

Man of the Match: Ian Cooper (9.5)
Goals: Cooper 2, Shakespeare 2 (9.3), Cole (8.6)
Assists: Davidson 2 (8.2), Ashe (8.1), Cooper, Cole
Notables: Gyan (7.2), Varela (7.5), Forrest (7.6), Otoo (7.5), Castro (7.4), Arredondo (7.3)

Forrest with a 7.6 despite the own goal.

Injury Update

Castro is going to miss about 10 days with a toe injury he picked up today.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote