View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #143
Radii
Head Coach

Update!

The diet isn't going. At all. I haven't made any noticible changes to my diet. I intend to. I have to. But anything I've attempted hasn't lasted more than a day. But, regardless, there is good news.

I bought a scale that goes up to real big numbers.

Initial Weight(11/25/06): 355
Current Weight(1/9/07): 348.7

So I haven't successfully changed my diet yet, but I'm down about 6 pounds, so I'm happy. The beginnings of weight loss can be attributed to one thing... MOVING. Holy shit moving sucks. But it makes you get exercise, whether you want to or not. I paid for cleaning service, dumpster service, moving service... any service I could find, but I still had to pack, and had a ton of cleaning to do on my own, and ended up worn out many days.

So now that the move is over, I've set a few things up to keep myself from drifting back to total lethargy:

1) Stairs at work. Come on, I'm on the 2nd floor. There is no need to EVER take the elevator.
2) no using the car to get the mail or take out trash at the apartment complex.
3) DDR is fun(and I'm a dork). Play DDR!
4) Do some resistance exercise every day. More on this in another update.

I'm not giving up on eating well, but I'm finding some immediate success focusing on getting more exercise, and really I've been so lazy for so long that i'm just trying to turn anything that comes naturally into a habit, and I've been consistantly getting 20 minutes of legitimate cardio every day, minimum, sometimes more like 30-45 minutes.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote