View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #58
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I have the Hunter V Neilsen Open Document spreadsheet I used to track the fight, if anyone wants it.

My notes:

1) Round one was interesting, Nielsen kept taking down Hunter, but couldn't do anything with it, and Hunter kept throwing bombs, that nearly knocked Nielsen down a level at one point.

2) Nielsen should never punch, or Ground and Pound. EVER. (or until he starts spending sometime in the gym)

3) Hunter kept assuming Nielsen would continue to throw slap punches, and Nielsen just took that as an invitation to get a deeper hold in Round 2

4) I think if Hunter had succeeded in that Reversal roll off versus the submission hold, he wins the fight, because Nielsen was running into the negatives on stamina, and has marginal defense.

5) The last judge was favoring damage, and the 10-0 margin in the 2nd round was just to wide to ignore, to him, Hunter hadn't done anything in the whole round, and Nielsen kept going for armbars and punches (some punches even got through)

6) I really like the system, and it didn't take a huge amount of time..