View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 11:50 AM   #72
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
I think you could make an argument that non-profits that already receive Medicaid are not the target audience for a bill trying to get money to small businesses and people who lost their job. I'm sure there was a political component to it as well - but I atleast see some logic. Voter registration and carbon emissions on airlines make little sense in this bill.

But they didn't say ANY business that receives Medicare reimbursements, only non-profits. These non-profits are small companies too, and face the same financial pressures as the for-profit places. They specifically targeted these places that have been on their hit list for some time. Non-profits do not receive 100% of their operating income from Medicare. And Medicare pays on net-90, so being able to get a bridge loan could be vital for these places. It makes ZERO sense at all in a declared pandemic to make things more difficult for a medical provider to operate.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 03-24-2020 at 11:55 AM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote