View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 08:27 PM   #482
miami_fan
Coordinator

Ahh UEFA.

England is playing a Nations League match in Hungary tomorrow. After they were there the last time, Hungary was fined €100,000 and told to play three games behind closed doors with one of those games suspended for two years for racially abuse the English players along with homophobic chants. Hungary appealed it down to 2 with 1 suspended. So tomorrow game should be behind closed doors, right?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Due to Article 73 of UEFA's disciplinary regulations which states that certain exceptions can be made, including "children up to the age of 14 (duly accompanied) from schools and/or football academies.", more than 35,000 people have been invited to the game. For every ten kids, they must have one adult. That means the stadium will be at least at 50% capacity. That does not include the members of the Hungarian FA, stewards, security cooks and anyone else that will somehow be required for that game.

To be fair, England will be doing the same for their game against Italy. They are expecting 2,000-3,000 children.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote