View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 08:46 AM   #305
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We had Direct TV for the last 8 years and have to play the game of calling in every 6 months so we can get our bill reduced back to where it was when we first got it. It typically takes me threatening to leave them before I can get anywhere.

Our bill came in for this month and shot back up $30, so I called them and was not able to get anywhere, even threatening to leave.

I called Dish Network and not only do we have 20 more channels, 6 receivers (4 are wireless) and the new Hopper 3, but our bill is $35 less per month guaranteed for 2 years. We have TV's in all 6 rooms, but only had 5 receivers with Direct TV. Now we have all rooms with TV and still pay less!

So far we LOVE the Hopper 3, we can tape 16 shows at once, it has built in apps so all TV's now have Netflix access and the HD is 2 TB. My wife and daughters watch/tape a lot of TV. Plus we get HBO free for 1 year and some other perks.

It's a shame that cell phone companies and satellite companies never reward their paying customers who always pay their bills on time. All they care about is NEW customers. Direct TV lost a valuable customer yesterday and Dish gained a new one. The funny thing is... you can play this game with either company.. it's just a pain to learn new channels and what not.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote