View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #855
molson
General Manager

NEWS:

-Taking a look at the two guys I just brought in for 3 appearances via talent trade, I set Jerry Lawler as a main event face, and Greg Valentine as a main event heel. The last time Greg Valentine was around, he had a mini-feud with Kevin Von Erich culminating at November Star Wars.

-The TV show delivers a 4.11 rating, that's up .01 from last week.

-All four of the companies I requested buyout negotiations with reject me.

-Arn Anderson won the AWA TV Title from Ted Dibiase. It's only the 2nd career championship for Anderson, who won the SECW Heavyweight Title last year.

-Ted Dibiase had better luck teaming with Jake Roberts to win the Pacific Northwest Tag Team Championship from from Don Muraco and Paul Orndorff.

-Dusty Rhodes declined to negotiate with me, saying he wants to focus on his career with Mid-Atlantic. Ric Flair and Sgt. Slaughter reject negotiations as well - saying I'm not big enough for them. Since I'm as "big" as it gets in wrestling right now, they're obviously content to sit out and count their money.

-A number of the other big names do talk to me, however.

-Hulk Hogan appears to be far more reasonable with his demands than the last time we talked - he's down to $3,200/show - less than Roddy Piper makes, and only a few hundred/show less than what I just signed Terry Funk for. Still, grumpy old Fritz caps me at $2,514. Maybe he just doesn't like Hogan. And maybe Hogan lowered his asking price because I now employ two of his closest friends - Kamala, and Antonio Inoki.

-Fritz caps my offer to Bruiser Brody at $2,754 - when Brody is asking for $3,075. No deal

-Fritz caps my offer to Stan Hansen at $2,753 - when Hansen wants $2,932.

-That just leaves the Junkyard Dog - who is willing to sign at a Fritz-friendly $2,400/show. But while JYD's immense Texas popularity is always intriguing, he's just not that impressive in the stats outside of Charisma. As much as I'd like to put him in a feud with Roddy Piper, I decide to pass for now.

-So no major roster additions yet - we certainly have plenty of talent on the roster to continue our growth. Sooner or later, the stars will align and I'll bring in another major player. Until then, I'll develop my own.

-Les Thorton and The Iron Shiek won the AWA Tag Team Titles for the 3rd time, defeating Manny Fernandez and Wahoo McDaniel.

-Our world champion, Curt Hennig, has signed to work with Maple Leaf Wrestling on nights when we're not using him. He joins fellow WCCW workers Roddy Piper and Koko B. Ware. That sounds like a fun trio to hang out with on a Saturday night in Toronto.

-Kerry Brown is hyped in the dirt sheets as a future star. Brown, the nephew of Bulldog Bob Brown, works for Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling in the Canadian Maritimes.

-Adrian Street rejected my request for negotiations for a non-managerial position, saying he's already stretched too thin.

-Ox Baker though, is willing to sign for $2,250/show. That's pricey, but he's a great talent: an "A" rating in mic skills, Charisma, and Menace, and B+ in Star Quality. I'll bring him in as a the "handler" for Kamala. He could certainly move into a road agent capacity down the road if I wanted to go that way. He officially retired from in-ring competition in 1983.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote